This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now that Smogoon has confirmed Gen 2's trio as dogs, will Nintendo do it in X/Y?

#1Jarred623Posted 5/15/2013 2:38:40 PM
80/80
Smogoon:

Suicune is without a doubt a highly accomplished member of the second legendary trio in the game. It has great defensive stats and a good HP stat, which means that it can perform well as a very bulky Water-type. Offensively it's not a bad Pokemon either; it has a base 90 Special Attack and a decent base 85 Speed. It also has access to Calm Mind to further boost its Special Attack and Special Defense, letting it perform well as either a tank or a sweeper.

However, time hasn't been kind to Suicune. The legendary dog has had increasing troubles since its first appearance in Johto; now, with the significant increase in power of the offensive threats, its defenses aren't as amazing as they used to be and it now has a hard time taking even some unboosted hits. Suicune also has a somewhat shallow movepool, which makes it predictable. However, despite these two limitations, it is still a top Pokemon that one should always consider when building a team.

Since we're getting 3 regional pokedexes, will they be updated to confirm Smogoon?

Also will CMCune ever get a weak?
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#2pbandjamesPosted 5/15/2013 2:39:48 PM
They're legendary hamsters, clearly. Because semantics matter.
---
Game news is the best news.
#3FuneralCakePosted 5/15/2013 2:40:13 PM
Jarred topic.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#4I_Wanna_CookiePosted 5/15/2013 2:40:23 PM
Just because Suicune's a dog doesnt mean they are all dogs, you ninny.
---
I'm handsome.
#5OnioniumPosted 5/15/2013 2:41:31 PM
Also, things can be based on more than one animal. SO a more appropriate question- is it a doglike cat? or a catlike dog?
---
You can say "ass" on GameFAQs. Assy ass ass assington.
#6FuneralCakePosted 5/15/2013 2:41:42 PM
Well, Suicune isn't a dog. I think that's the point... kinda... if this topic even has a point.
---
#7ShiningRegicePosted 5/15/2013 2:49:26 PM
Smogon isn't official. Just because they write something doesn't mean Nintendo are going to change something in the game.

BTW, the official name is Legendary Beasts.
---
W2 FC: 0261 8506 3044
PLEASE PLEASE like my FB page!!!!!!!!! https://www.facebook.com/regiceiscold
#8The_Undying_84Posted 5/15/2013 2:51:58 PM
ShiningRegice posted...

Yes, and I guarantee it always will be.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#9FuneralCakePosted 5/15/2013 2:53:05 PM
ShiningRegice posted...

No, it's not. Neither Nintendo nor Game Freak has ever called them anything but Pokemon.
---
#10mehmetskiPosted 5/15/2013 2:53:11 PM
ShiningRegice posted...
Smogon isn't official. Just because they write something doesn't mean Nintendo are going to change something in the game.

this! and suicune is a cheetah. not a dog.