This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

From the Official Site:

#1moneyman82Posted 5/15/2013 3:57:36 PM(edited)
"The Story - Your new Pokémon adventure promises to be exciting and challenging every step of the way! Be prepared to encounter many tough Pokémon and battle against tough Trainers to become the Champion!"

Does this mean we get to actually play as the Champion in this game? Obviously a redundant question but you never know with GameFreak/Nintendo.
---
The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic.
Charles Darwin
#2LexifoxPosted 5/15/2013 3:55:28 PM
Did you ever NOT become the champion?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 5/15/2013 3:55:53 PM
Well, any time you beat the Champion, you become the Champion, so I see where you're going with this, but it's doubtful
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#4pbandjamesPosted 5/15/2013 3:57:31 PM
You become the Champion in every game. Your character just doesn't assume the mantle of "Champion" and take the job every day because that would be ridiculous. If you take karate, and you get good enough to beat the sensei, do you just become the new sensei?
---
Game news is the best news.
#5BeeteyPosted 5/15/2013 3:58:44 PM
Lexifox posted...
Did you ever NOT become the champion?

Beetey never does not become the champion.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and you are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#6SilverSockPosted 5/15/2013 3:58:54 PM
I feel like every main series game ever has been advertised with this.
---
Help Wanted: New Sig
Post something funny, and be (temporarily) immortalized here!
#7LexifoxPosted 5/15/2013 4:00:54 PM
pbandjames posted...
You become the Champion in every game. Your character just doesn't assume the mantle of "Champion" and take the job every day because that would be ridiculous. If you take karate, and you get good enough to beat the sensei, do you just become the new sensei?

FR/LG refer to you as the champion if you beat the game (Bill does this if you put off the One/Two/Three Island sidequest stuff aside until you beat the game). I assumed that your character is still champion, but just doesn't sit in the Champion Room because it would make for really boring gameplay.

It's akin to how the Champions are always shown being on some journey of sorts themselves, but don't forfeit their title (think Alder).
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod