This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lol wtf was that...how can someone be this bad? -_-

#11EnferolunosPosted 5/16/2013 9:05:43 AM
Unknown Force posted...
Maybe this was his first time playing? No ones ever an expert at the beginning.

I would agree with this, but I'm no competitive battler and I would at least know to use electric moves on a noctowl rather than substituting over and over
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#12NessEggmanPosted 5/16/2013 9:07:28 AM
Unknown Force posted...
Maybe this was his first time playing? No ones ever an expert at the beginning.

This. My husband did all kinds of weird things when he started playing. And before playing competitively, I thought all moves that didn't deal damage were 'worthless' and never used them. So when I started training for VGC when I first decided to join in 3rd gen, I really had to change my mindset and was pretty crappy at the game in general in the beginning.

Of couruse, using Substitute when you clearly have no HP left... well, some people still don't have a grasp on how all the moves work yet and what they lend to a strategy. I mean, there is a LOT to learn and memorize to play the game well.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#13RTC3Posted 5/16/2013 9:08:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 9:43:05 AM(edited)

why........wtf why did he get modded.......?
and suspended!
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#15TheJester2Posted 5/16/2013 9:49:20 AM
ManuKesna posted...

why........wtf why did he get modded.......?
and suspended!

He's been making a number of comments subtly (or not so subtly) inferring that people who like fairy are gay, and I guess someone has been tagging them.

I guess I'll have to stop making fairy jokes as well.

As for the battle, I think it was pretty clear that he was just using sub because he knew he was going to lose and had just given up. Even if he killed Noctowl he wasn't going to beat 5 more pokemon.
---
"We were going to a funeral, but it looks like we got buried." -J.R. Smith
PSN: Whsguy
#16jellsproutPosted 5/16/2013 9:55:25 AM
Perhaps that Rotom had a Choice item and he forgot about it. Why else would he switch his Rotom out of Noctowl the first time? Or he didn't have any offensive moves besides Shadow Ball.
---
ars adeo latet arte sua
#17_KGC_Posted 5/16/2013 10:00:04 AM
His Rotom did have a choice item, Rotom typically uses it on Randoms
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#18ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 10:16:21 AM
Perhaps that Rotom had a Choice item and he forgot about it. Why else would he switch his Rotom out of Noctowl the first time? Or he didn't have any offensive moves besides Shadow Ball.

oooh now it all makes sense lol, see I am still new and also bad at this stuff so I never thought about that haha
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#19Pooo869Posted 5/16/2013 10:33:11 AM
I'm pretty bad at competitive battling but this was over the top if badness
---
Black 2 FC - 3869-6069-8826 -PSN- Pooo869
"You know you and I are alike, we do not fear the things we must do"