This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who came up with the speculation that Sylveon is a fairy type?

#11GlitterGunsPosted 5/16/2013 11:25:51 PM
purple_raven posted...
Bountyan posted...
People started speculating it since February. Poison weakness could be explained by fairies being spirits of elements of nature (forests, ground, water) and pollution usually harming said elements. I'm pretty sure there are stories about fairies fighting pollution or something.

Furn gully?

Pokémon 4Ever.
#12jayman7Posted 5/17/2013 12:07:23 AM(edited)
Hierarchy225 posted...
javel34 posted...
Why does everyone put down fairy then bring up light or sound? As if they make more sense..,

Fairy actually has a egg type. A lot of pokemon can already be classified as Fairy.

A lot of pokemon already fit the light typing, specifically Electric types.

A lot of Pokemon already fit the Fairy type, specifically Normal and Psychic types.

And a lot of RPGs have Light elements - this would be the only one I'm aware of with a Fairy element.

Now, a leak that revealed some correct information already revealed the Fairy type. Thus, I accept that it's very probable at this point. But before that leak, I was extremely skeptical of it and feel I was right to be so.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#13MilsoPosted 5/17/2013 12:15:30 AM
A credible leak gave us the fairy information. It's far from confirmed, but there's a decent amount of evidence to support it at the moment and contrary to popular belief, a celestial/light type or whatever does not make sense. Dark isn't an over powered type that needs more weaknesses and it already has a counterpart in Fighting, even if that type match up doesn't make as much sense in the English versions.

As for Mawile.. basically any Pokemon with mythological themes could become a fairy type. It's more of a broad definition and isn't restricted to little folk with wings, as you might suspect. Mawile, Absol and Miltotic for example are probably the most likely to become fairies.
---
rawr
#14jayman7Posted 5/17/2013 12:24:42 AM(edited)
Milso posted...
A credible leak gave us the fairy information. (blah blah blah) Dark isn't an over powered type that needs more weaknesses

Um... you pay close attention to that leak there?

(And the type associated with the concept of darkness is Ghost... but Fairy makes a counterpart to that one too, so okay.)

Actually, you know what? Last time we got new types, we got two.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if we get a second type and it's Light. I'm not saying I expect it. I'll just enjoy all the ridiculous backpedaling should it happen.
---
#15fuzi11Posted 5/17/2013 12:29:33 AM
What people don't get.

The pro-Fairy type people don't necessarily want a literal 'Fairy'-type.

We assume that there will be a new type (for obvious reasons), that seems to be based on magic and magical creatures. And because there is already an egg group of said magical creatures that is called 'Fairy' we assume it will be the 'Fairy' type.

It could all also be the Magic type, Celestial type, Supernatural Type, Fae Type, Pixie type, Elven type, Ethereal type, Fay type, Puck type, Fables type, etc

Fairy is just the most common one.

And why Mawile is on that list? Mawile is based on a figure of myths and legends. The Japanese Futakuchi-onna. A women with another mouth hiding in her hair
#16Rose_MagePosted 5/17/2013 12:31:50 AM
It is a cutesy Pokemon and fairies come from France. That's pretty much why it happened.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#17jayman7Posted 5/17/2013 12:34:23 AM
fuzi11 posted...
What people don't get.

We assume that there will be a new type (for obvious reasons), that seems to be based on magic and magical creatures. And because there is already an egg group of said magical creatures that is called 'Fairy' we assume it will be the 'Fairy' type.

It could all also be the Magic type, Celestial type, Supernatural Type, Fae Type, Pixie type, Elven type, Ethereal type, Fay type, Puck type, Fables type, etc

And why Mawile is on that list? Mawile is based on a figure of myths and legends. The Japanese Futakuchi-onna. A women with another mouth hiding in her hair

Dude. The reason people are talking about is because someone leaked information, explicitly said that Sylveon and Mawile would be Fairy-types, and also listed the names of several Pokemon whose names we didn't, at the time, know. The names were genuine.
---
#18fuzi11Posted 5/17/2013 12:44:53 AM
jayman7 posted...
fuzi11 posted...
What people don't get.

Dude. The reason people are talking about is because someone leaked information, explicitly said that Sylveon and Mawile would be Fairy-types, and also listed the names of several Pokemon whose names we didn't, at the time, know. The names were genuine.

Dude. I know that Dude. But Dude, he asked Dude, why Dude, and how Dude, this Dude all started, Dude. Dudes and Dudettes were already talking about a Fairytype, Dude, BEFORE THE LEAK WAS THERE. Talks about a Fairy type, DUDE, are there since Sylveon was anounced, DUDE. and don't call me.
#19jayman7Posted 5/17/2013 1:00:29 AM(edited)
I usually use "dude" like as a way of saying "you just said something that implies that you've missed something very significant, and thus just said something very silly". In this case, oh, say, why you were apparently wondering why "Fairy" was the specific word chosen and why Mawile was said to be it.
---