This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else been playing since the beginning and...

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone else been playing since the beginning and...
2 years ago#1
still dont know how every type match up works? I've been playing since Red and Blue when I was a kid. Sure, I had a break after GSC and didn't play RSE or DPP until I was an adult, but even so, you would think I have the type matchups down right? Nope. I know most of them. All of the obvious ones and most of the obscure ones. Theres just a few I've never been sure of. Mainly around Bug.

I couldn't tell you what happens if Bug attacks Fighting, Bug attacks Poison, Fighting attacks Bug or Dark attacks Bug. I guess I never used a lot of Bug pokemon...
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854
2 years ago#2
I do forget every so often, but thanks to the metagame, i tend to remember by Pokemon

Say, i always know Close Combatting a Heracross will do jack, fighting type to Scizor is neutral, etc. But likewise, i strangely can never remember Bug resists Fighting and vice versa. So when discussing about only typings, i tend to make mistakes
2 years ago#3
Super-Effective, I know all. But I do tend to forget what resists what.
---
Officially faved Ninetales, everywhere, R - Burning Knight Executive
Facebook: http://alturl.com/juupo
2 years ago#4
For some reason I always forget that bug resists fighting. No joke if you wanna mess me up use a bug pokemon and I will reply with a fighting pokemon every time. -_- Probably cuz it makes no sense to me at all.
>_>
2 years ago#5
I used to do some competitive battling back in the HG/SS days, so I had all the type match-ups memorized. I've forgotten a lot of it as of late though, and I'll make mistakes like thinking rock is ineffective against rock when it's actually nuetral. Another mistake I often make is thinking bug is super effective against ghost when it's actually the opposite (it's ineffective).
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
(edited by fallenKlNG)
2 years ago#6
Absolutely. I forget Bug too (particularly its relationship with Poison - am I right in saying it's not very effective in both directions, like Fighting?).

I also have to look up Rock quite often, weirdly. And I forget which types are NVE against themselves, and which are neutral.
2 years ago#7
I'm pretty much good with most of the super-effective and resistant type match-ups, but only for single types. Once they get paired with another type, that's when I start forgetting how things work.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
2 years ago#8
More often though I just look up specific Pokémon because I can't be bothered working through which types they're weak to/resistant against. I always had major problems with Steven's Cradily, Armaldo and Claydol in Hoenn - I could never figure out what was good against them. Although that was probably because I was always convinced Claydol had Rock or Steel in there somewhere.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Anyone else been playing since the beginning and...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived