This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think we'll ever see voice acting in a main pokemon game?

#11P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 5/16/2013 11:15:58 AM
Eventually
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#12hereforemnantPosted 5/16/2013 11:17:33 AM
Hejiru posted...
hereforemnant posted...
Brogoat posted...
NOWI IS MINE

Why is this even here?!

OP's sig

Might as well just bring up Tharja now...

But seriously, if this game plays any small amount like the Black2/White2 trailer did, i will squeal like a girl.
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
#13Great_ReapettePosted 5/16/2013 11:24:00 AM
I think the closest we'll get for a while is
DENNNNNIS
TENNNNNIS
MENNNACE
TETRISSSS
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#14Rose_MagePosted 5/16/2013 11:30:15 AM
It was already in Yellow.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#15Solar_CrimsonPosted 5/16/2013 11:34:09 AM
Might as well just bring up Tharja now...

You mean my wife? ;)

*Jasmine gets rolling pin*

...FROM ANOTHER WORLD! ANOTHER WORLD!!

...Phew!
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#16Dark_EinherjarPosted 5/16/2013 11:38:21 AM
I don't think voice acting works very well in games with mute protagonists...
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#17Solar_CrimsonPosted 5/16/2013 11:41:31 AM

Shin Megami Tensei IV is doing it, Persona 3 and 4 did it, as well as Digital Devil Saga, Devil Survivor Overclocked (and presumably Devil Survivor 2: Break Record), and Soul Hackers.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#18Hughs_RagePosted 5/16/2013 11:41:40 AM
Dark_Einherjar posted...

Maybe they aren't silent this time around :p
although that's just wishful thinking
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
#19MecamattPosted 5/16/2013 11:50:49 AM
I would like if they did something with a sound indicating how you should read their voices before text pops up, but that's as far as they should go.

A part of what makes games like Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing so appealing is that they're story centered with variable characters judging on how you perceive the text. Genuine voice acting kills that.

But for example, when Ganondorf comes out you hear a growling "Muhahaha" showing that we should be reading his voice in a grisly dark tone. The voice is augmented in our head for aesthetics, but it's still OUR voice.

I love solidified characters in movies and certain games, but Nintendo knows how to keep its charm, and voice acting isn't how you do it. Look at Metroid Other M.

The Pokemon franchise isn't the kind of series that delivers intense bonding with characters in general, but it definitely has the potential to. It feels like they really shot for it with the 3rd Generation with Wally and May, they just came up short.
#20Aladdin2557Posted 5/16/2013 11:57:51 AM
Mecamatt posted...
I would like if they did something with a sound indicating how you should read their voices before text pops up, but that's as far as they should go.

A part of what makes games like Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing so appealing is that they're story centered with variable characters judging on how you perceive the text. Genuine voice acting kills that.

But for example, when Ganondorf comes out you hear a growling "Muhahaha" showing that we should be reading his voice in a grisly dark tone. The voice is augmented in our head for aesthetics, but it's still OUR voice.

I love solidified characters in movies and certain games, but Nintendo knows how to keep its charm, and voice acting isn't how you do it. Look at Metroid Other M.

The Pokemon franchise isn't the kind of series that delivers intense bonding with characters in general, but it definitely has the potential to. It feels like they really shot for it with the 3rd Generation with Wally and May, they just came up short.

I wish they had made this gen in the style of gen 1 tbh
---
This sig isn't changing until Nintendo make a new good Pokemon game (unchanged since 2001)