This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your favorite new starter?

#21Sudsmcduff96Posted 5/16/2013 12:01:47 PM
Chespin, but Totodile remains my favorite in general.
---
"Oops! Zat vas not medicine!" ~ Medic
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9064-3896 / Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/IncendiaryPyro
#22P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 5/16/2013 12:03:35 PM
Almost always pick the Water or Grass starter, so I'll be choosing Fennekin my first time around
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#23ecylisPosted 5/16/2013 12:04:47 PM
They all look dumb, but Fennekin is the most OK. Fire/Psychic seems like a really dumb combo to me though. I'd rather have Fire/Electric. All of my psychic Pokemon just turn out being an Ice/Psychic/Electric/Grass special sweeper.
---
http://imgur.com/Tl2zoIY | http://i.imgur.com/nkIs6q9.png
#24pkmewtwoPosted 5/16/2013 12:05:49 PM
Brogoat posted...
I alter between froakie and fennekin, either one is great.

Same here
---
Hehehehe...
#25hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 12:09:34 PM
ecylis posted...
They all look dumb, but Fennekin is the most OK. Fire/Psychic seems like a really dumb combo to me though. I'd rather have Fire/Electric. All of my psychic Pokemon just turn out being an Ice/Psychic/Electric/Grass special sweeper.

Here's my justification to it.

When we got Vulpix and Ninetales in later generations, Vulpix could learn Extrasensory and pass it onto Ninetales, and that would be the only way besides egg breeding. But based on Ninetales's description, it should already have potent Psychic or Ghost like abilities, but it could only learn Extrasensory.

So i like to think that Fennekin has that typing as a possibility as a way to get a redemption for earlier, but that's all just my opinion on it.
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
#26hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 12:11:03 PM
pkmewtwo posted...
Brogoat posted...
I alter between froakie and fennekin, either one is great.

Same here

I don't mean to offend anyone, but i think they're the two dumbest looking Starter Pokemon to date. The day i use either of them is the day it's either forced on me, or i am unable to use Fennekin due to a game breaking glitch.
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
#27whirlmonPosted 5/18/2013 11:17:03 AM
Chespin
---
wii fc 5869-0018-5590-1652
genius
#28ShariadarowPosted 5/18/2013 11:25:12 AM
hereforemnant posted...
ecylis posted...

Here's my justification to it.

When we got Vulpix and Ninetales in later generations, Vulpix could learn Extrasensory and pass it onto Ninetales, and that would be the only way besides egg breeding. But based on Ninetales's description, it should already have potent Psychic or Ghost like abilities, but it could only learn Extrasensory.

So i like to think that Fennekin has that typing as a possibility as a way to get a redemption for earlier, but that's all just my opinion on it.

Vulpix/Ninetales never should have been Fire in the first place, they should have been Psychic with some Fire moves like will'o wisp and the like, rather than Fire with a few Psychic/Ghost moves. If the Fairy type is true/old pokemon get retyped, making Fairy a second type for them and possibly Zorua/Zoroark would better redeem that. Both are based off of the same thing, renowned for magical ability.

As for starter choice, Fennekin, not even a question. I'll be honest though, I would have expected a Fennec Fox Pokemon to be at least part Ground type. Chespin would be my second pick, but it kind of looks derp. Froakie just looks awful.
#29slumpcatPosted 5/18/2013 11:36:16 AM
Froakie, hands down.
---
meow
http://i.imgur.com/ZrgWFq5.jpg?1
#30hmmmmnamePosted 5/18/2013 11:44:48 AM(edited)
Lol and I was planning on naming it (Fennekin) Amaterasu although it's not a wolf (not that it matters).
I really can't wait until this game (and Kingdom Hearts, Disgaea D2, and LR:FF) come out.
It's gonna be a VERY merry Christmas.
---
See you Space Cowboy.