This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why slyveon is more likely not a fairy type.

#1alatreon789Posted 5/16/2013 4:05:20 PM
All we know from the video of the actress is that it can break Ice, not break Rock, and can be Poisoned. Now please tell me, how do you know that this means It is super effective against ice and weak against rock and poison? What if it regularly damage ice, does less damage to rock, and is susceptible to poison? Then it could be flying. And something else I would like to know is why rule out a dual type? Whats more likely a brand new type or a dual type pokemon?
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012
#2scrappybristolPosted 5/16/2013 4:06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pV_NfTSctI
---
This sig is significant
#3Hughs_RagePosted 5/16/2013 4:06:22 PM
A brand new type, because if an Eeveelution were to have dual types, the fanboys would be raging.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
#4NekoHime64Posted 5/16/2013 4:07:33 PM
I don't know how much more of this I can take...
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#5reaverzPosted 5/16/2013 4:13:20 PM
They said Sylveon is not a type already used by anything in the Eevee line (including Eevee), and they eliminated Fighting, Steel, and Poison as possibilities. The most interesting part, however, was the when they tested Poison they put up a text caption that read, "It's super effective!?", which was only done during that test. Those captions only come up when something of notice is happening, so it strongly implies that whatever Sylveon's type is, it's weak to Poison-type moves. It also means that the Fighting and Ice interaction may not mean much.

Since Grass is the only type that's currently weak to Poison and Leafeon exists, then it has to be a new type if the type chart hasn't been modified. Considering how much of a spectacle they're making out of finding out Sylveon's type, it makes more sense for them to be building up to a new type reveal than just Flying or something.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6alatreon789(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 4:16:14 PM
What about dual typing then?
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012
#7jayman7Posted 5/16/2013 4:20:09 PM
The official website says that, after saying there are seven Eeveelutions of seven types, Sylveon has a "different type".

Note the use of the singular.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8reaverzPosted 5/16/2013 4:21:37 PM(edited)
Could be, but thinking that it's dual type Eeveelution before considering it being a new type is just being desperately against a new type, in my opinion.

EDIT: Ah, I overlooked the singular usage in the official website. Yup, guess there's no reason to think it's a dual type.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#9Rad_DudesmanPosted 5/16/2013 4:25:48 PM
All of Sylveon's names reference fairies.

Japanese - Nymphia (from nymph)
French - Nymphali (see above)
English, Spanish, and Italian - Sylveon (from sylph)
German - Feelinara (from fee)

It's gonna be a new type.
---
The raddest Pokemon fan there ever was.
#10JacornonthecobPosted 5/16/2013 4:28:39 PM
Poison was super effective. They go out of their way to say that.