This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why slyveon is more likely not a fairy type.

#31BountyanPosted 5/16/2013 4:56:23 PM
Egg groups are mentioned in official guide books too.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#32AmphetaPosted 5/16/2013 4:56:50 PM
Sylveon's type is not revealed.

This rules out all the 16 types.

They would have showed Sylveon's type if there was no hesitation.
#33kazooie959Posted 5/16/2013 4:58:49 PM
Bountyan posted...
kazooie959 posted...
Bountyan posted...
kazooie959 posted...
Could they just be editing the types? Like it being flying but now flying is weak against poison?

Then it would make no sense to do the tests in the first place. They're working off of current type relationships.

or they hint towards a few changes in type relationships

I really doubt it. Occam's razor man.

Both sides assume as much as the other... As I said I could see either one being the case...
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!
#34BountyanPosted 5/16/2013 5:00:52 PM
kazooie959 posted...
Bountyan posted...
kazooie959 posted...
Bountyan posted...
kazooie959 posted...
Could they just be editing the types? Like it being flying but now flying is weak against poison?

Then it would make no sense to do the tests in the first place. They're working off of current type relationships.

or they hint towards a few changes in type relationships

I really doubt it. Occam's razor man.

Both sides assume as much as the other... As I said I could see either one being the case...

With a new type I'm just assuming they're being straight forward with us with the type relationships viewers actually know. With new type relationships you're assuming that they're somehow convoluting type relationships just to match some other type even though they're discounting stuff off of current type relationships. Yeah..uh..what?
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#35NewMoonShadowPosted 5/16/2013 5:09:23 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Well then now welcoming the new type of syl. Or nymph. Or fairie. Better be nymph if it's a new type, fairie type sounds stupid.

Nymph

The larva of certain insects.
(Greek & Roman mythology) Any minor female deity associated with water, forests, grotto, etc.
A young girl, especially one who inspires lustful feelings.

No way in hell would they name a type "Nymph".

We already have a Fairy egg group, so the type will share the same name.

Random question: Where do the egg group names come from? Internal programming? I don't remember them being mentioned officially.

They've been mentioned in officially sanctioned and published strategy guides and Pokedex books.

However it's worth mentioning that the Egg Groups certainly don't correspond to types, they're more based on shape and habitat than anything, and even then they can be somewhat spotty (for some reason Gardevoir is considered "Amorphous"...?)

This doesn't prove anything one way or the other of course.
#36NeonDragon9000Posted 5/16/2013 5:23:16 PM
It's Fairy type. Every credible leak source says so, and the leaker to PokeBeach was 100% correct about the localized names and knowing about the Electric form of Drain Punch. Giro, the Gen V leaker, has also said its Fairy type.

That, plus everything else mentioned regarding Smash.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#37kazooie959Posted 5/16/2013 5:34:25 PM
Bountyan posted...

With a new type I'm just assuming they're being straight forward with us with the type relationships viewers actually know. With new type relationships you're assuming that they're somehow convoluting type relationships just to match some other type even though they're discounting stuff off of current type relationships. Yeah..uh..what?

Fair(y ha) enough...
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!