This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poison should be super effective against water

#31CrabhammarPosted 5/17/2013 5:03:20 AM
Onionium posted...
hey guys i thought pokemon should be more realistic and that types should have more weaknesses to be realistic so i started with flying types and maybe later ill post more ideas because maybe people from gamefreak can read this

so heres what flying types should be weak against besides rock ice and electric

fire because if a bird catches on fire it gets hurt bad
water because birds cant breathe underwater
psychic because if magneto fought a bird he would win
dark because dark people can hurt birds too
grass because if a tree fell on a bird it would probably die
bug because if a bird gets killed by a bug it would get hurt
ground because if birds land on the ground a truck could hit them
fighting because if i punched a bird in the face it would get hurt
normal because if a normal guy punched a bird in the face it would get hurt
steel because a guy could hurt a bird with a crowbar
poison because if i injected a bird with venom it wouldn't like it
flying because birds don't like it when they get hurt in the air trust me
dragon because dragons can eat birds without choking

i think this is the next step towards making pokemon real thanks for reading

Nobody remembers this from the HeartGold board? Let me see if I can dig up the link.
---
PSN: Bluechacho
#32pokemonfreak97Posted 5/17/2013 6:54:03 AM
Poison pollutes water.

Water dilutes poison.

They're mutually effective, so they're normal effectiveness.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#33OnioniumPosted 5/17/2013 8:54:33 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Poison pollutes water.

Water dilutes poison.

They're mutually effective, so they're normal effectiveness.

Like dragon!
---
You can say "ass" on GameFAQs. Assy ass ass assington.
#34MagikarpRulesPosted 5/17/2013 9:15:43 PM
mralpha543 posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
Water should be nerfed a little. And Dragon too.

Poison needs an offensive buff and Ice a defensive buff.

What don't you guys understand about balance? Some types need to have weaknesses because they have too many strengths. If they have no weakness and too much strength it'll be like Goku vs. Yamcha. Poison's alright, it just needs to have better dual type combos.

Steel has many more strenghts than Poison yet it is effective on 2 types VS Poison's 1.

Ice Pokemon are rendered pointless when all viable Water Pokemon can use an Ice type attack (even if it's merely Icy Wind). And Ice Beam is spread decently even if you take out Water and Ice Pokemon. Besides, considering that Rock is slightly worse than Ice as an attack type and yet it's got more resistances, I wouldn't say an extra resistance would make Ice types overpowered by any stretch.
#35MajorHoppyPosted 5/17/2013 10:36:11 PM
How about poison type moves become super effective against normal types? I really can't think of any type that would within reason be weak against poison type attacks. I mean, fighting doesn't make sense because of the inherent resistance to poison that fighting types have because of their high endurance. The only other type that I can think of that would make sense would be bug.

Poison overall is a type that is used to wear down your opponent and not to inflict massive amounts of damage.
---
I just cant sit any other way than this. If I sit the way other people do, my reasoning ability drops by 40%.
#36MagikarpRulesPosted 5/17/2013 10:39:09 PM
MajorHoppy posted...
How about poison type moves become super effective against normal types? I really can't think of any type that would within reason be weak against poison type attacks. I mean, fighting doesn't make sense because of the inherent resistance to poison that fighting types have because of their high endurance. The only other type that I can think of that would make sense would be bug.

Poison overall is a type that is used to wear down your opponent and not to inflict massive amounts of damage.

Bug and Poison were super effective against each other back on Gen 1, so i don't think it's entirely out of the question.

And Poison has some powerful attacks. Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Gunk Shot.
#37ClassyOldHatPosted 5/19/2013 5:22:43 PM
Lexifox posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
Water should be nerfed a little. And Dragon too.

Poison needs an offensive buff and Ice a defensive buff.

But Poison and Ice are intended to be defensive and offensive, respectively.

This argument? This argument, again? How many times am I going to see this?

The whole "(Blank) type isn't underpowered, it's a good Offensive/Defensive balanced by being a bad Defensive/Offensive type" Argument falls apart when you consider that Pokemon with good defensive types (like water) can learn moves with good offensive types (like Ice) and use their offensive strength without suffering their defensive weakness. So, say, Ice type moves are found on practically anything that can learn them, but nobody uses the Ice Pokemon themselves.

Similarly, good defensive type Pokemon can rely on good offensive type moves, and the fact that they lack STAB doesn't hamper them significantly. Why doesn't anyone seem to realize this?

On top of that, GF clearly designed a number of Ice type Pokemon to have Defensive stats and Poison Type Pokemon to have good offensive stats? I'd say that's a pretty strong argument against the idea that GameFreak MEANS for these to be good offensive/defensive types. They just completely fail to grasp how to balance games.

fuzi11 posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...
If anything, water should be super effective against poison!

thank you. Water thins poison to the point that it is not poisoness anymore. Just because you through in tons and tons and tons of poison into a lake and oversaturate it doesn't mean it won't be thinned if you throw in more water. You really need an extremely high amount of poison to saturate a body of water. Also, the water itself doesn't die or vanish when you put water inside. It's just the life inside the water that might die.

If anything, rock should be imune to poison.

And poison should be very effective against Normal and Bug.

Why does this topic come up all the time. It's like the TCs never had chemistry in school.

This attitude irks me as well. If you want to use real world Logic, look at Onionium's post! If you highlight certain circumstances, ANY type can be justified as being resistant or weak to ANY type. It's nice to have weaknesses and resistances that are somewhat intuitive, of course, but at some point, you need to think of type balance purely from the perspective of "Does this make the game more fun, fair, or interesting to play?" rather than "does this make sense in this handful of real world circumstances?"

Poison is currently Underpowered. Water teeters on Overpowered at times. What, from these two bits of information, do your think would make the game more fun, fair, or interesting?

And if you MUST have a real world excuse, consider that there might be a reason why factories are discouraged from dropping toxic waste in lakes and rivers. Why can't we just save money and let the water dilute all the toxins? (And since somebody inevitably will misunderstand me and ignore everything else I say, this is a rhetorical question.)