This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The all-encompassing topic.

#231NekoHime64Posted 5/21/2013 8:58:32 PM
scrappybristol posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
Been a while since I've seen Princess Mononoke, but imagine a pokemon movie like that!

I liked Spirited Away more. Like I said, it would depend on the plot and writers.

I mean a movie where pokemon are actually dangerous, instead of being all "Pika pika" The topic on this had some good ideas, if I recall.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#232scrappybristolPosted 5/21/2013 9:02:58 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
scrappybristol posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
Been a while since I've seen Princess Mononoke, but imagine a pokemon movie like that!

I liked Spirited Away more. Like I said, it would depend on the plot and writers.

I mean a movie where pokemon are actually dangerous, instead of being all "Pika pika" The topic on this had some good ideas, if I recall.

You do know that most of the movies put Ash and Co in dangerous situations right? If I recall correctly, Ash even died in the First Movie. Sure he was revived by the power of love but still.
---
This sig is significant
#233NekoHime64Posted 5/21/2013 9:09:40 PM
scrappybristol posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
scrappybristol posted...
NekoHime64 posted...

You do know that most of the movies put Ash and Co in dangerous situations right? If I recall correctly, Ash even died in the First Movie. Sure he was revived by the power of love but still.

Don't watch the anime much, but the fist movie was pretty good. Didn't like the whole sappy crap at the end, or mewtwo's "I've seen the light, I'm a good guy now", but that's just how I am.

What I'm trying to say is that the pokemon don't really feel as threatening as they should. They use bright colors and shallow characters to cover up the "deadly creature" element that would make the pokemon anime much more compelling IMO. Just imagine facing an Aggron in real life. THAT'S what I want pokemon to feel like.

Obviously I'm referring to the movies/anime, not the game.
---
#234scrappybristolPosted 5/21/2013 9:43:51 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
Don't watch the anime much, but the fist movie was pretty good. Didn't like the whole sappy crap at the end, or mewtwo's "I've seen the light, I'm a good guy now", but that's just how I am.

What I'm trying to say is that the pokemon don't really feel as threatening as they should. They use bright colors and shallow characters to cover up the "deadly creature" element that would make the pokemon anime much more compelling IMO. Just imagine facing an Aggron in real life. THAT'S what I want pokemon to feel like.

To be fair, the anime and movies are aimed towards a younger audience.
---
This sig is significant
#235hereforemnant(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 10:04:44 PM
So guys how was the discussion?
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
#236NekoHime64Posted 5/22/2013 8:51:18 AM(edited)
scrappybristol posted...
NekoHime64 posted...

To be fair, the anime and movies are aimed towards a younger audience.

Well, duh. I want one aimed at 16^.
---