This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh my god they do eat Pokemon!

#11CM_PonchPosted 5/16/2013 5:10:17 PM
Whatever happened to Mr. Snorlax and his annoying "I can't eat Pokemon" gimmick
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#12NekoHime64Posted 5/16/2013 5:12:23 PM
reaverz posted...
The Sinnoh games even have an often-ignored library that has tales of Pokemon being eaten and even killed. With a sword and by a swordsman I might add. And for no reason.

I'm 99% sure there was a human/pokemon war at some point.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#13alatreon789Posted 5/16/2013 5:16:03 PM
reaverz posted...
The Sinnoh games even have an often-ignored library that has tales of Pokemon being eaten and even killed. With a sword and by a swordsman I might add. And for no reason.

Just like hunters today.
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012
#14Khanate88Posted 5/16/2013 5:18:15 PM
inb4farfetch'd
inb4cherubi
inb4vanilluxe
#15reaverzPosted 5/16/2013 5:19:25 PM(edited)
NekoHime64 posted...

Well, in the tale of the swordsman all Pokemon disappeared for a long time because of all the slaughter he caused, and then a Pokemon appeared to him saying that they would take human lives as a sort of payment for what he did. It was only when the swordsman repented by destroying his sword that the Pokemon took its word back and disappeared...

In any case, the Pokedex entries for the musketeers do imply that a significant human and Pokemon confrontation took place in the past.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#16NekoHime64Posted 5/16/2013 5:20:47 PM
reaverz posted...
NekoHime64 posted...

Well, in the tale of the swordsman all Pokemon disappeared for a long time because of all the slaughter he caused, and then a Pokemon appeared to him saying that they would take human lives as a sort of payment for what he did. It was only when the swordsman repented by destroying his sword that the Pokemon took its word back and disappeared...

In any case, the Pokedex entries for the musketeers do imply that a significant human and Pokemon confrontation took place in the past.

Might explain what war Lt. Surge was in...
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#17Whats_Up4444Posted 5/16/2013 5:22:01 PM
Farfetch'd's dex says its rare and is cooked and eaten with its leak.
---
Oh no! My gumballs! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!
#18gamester_12345Posted 5/16/2013 5:31:52 PM(edited)
Pretty sure the war it was implying might have been the whole Original Dragon war...the brothers solved it, but had different ideals, splitting into the 2 dragons, it had to be ages ago because they had legends about Kyurem devouring humans...

Lt Surge being in a War might have been "The Artifact" in the series when it may have originally been based on the actual Kanto, since it references things like the moon landing, Indian elephants and whatever, they omitted the region's name from non-japanese versions of R/B/Y presumably to retain the fantasy-like quality rather than potentially risking it by making it obvious that it took place in Japan.

Eventually Nintendo saw how large a cashcow Pokemon became and made G/S less emphasized on it being a sequel late in development, so that future generations would be slightly episodic with continuity nods, but to this day, Lt Surge' nationality is hard to retcon away, doesn't help that he mysteriously names his Pokemon in English in the Japanese version...unsure if it's using the "Japanese" English font in the english version with his in game trade...

EDIT: As for the War Surge participated in, i doubt it was the 2nd world war....would bring up bad wounds, could have been the Vietnam war though, doesn't quite explain why he's in Japan, but meh.

Weirdly, apparently he used actual Pokemon in the war...so that's a oddity.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#19Mr_Snorlax1986Posted 5/16/2013 7:43:59 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
Whatever happened to Mr. Snorlax and his annoying "I can't eat Pokemon" gimmick

You rang?
---
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: FLARE - 2062 8829 7411
PSN: killersalmon
#20Katharina27Posted 5/16/2013 7:57:40 PM
I want Sawsbuck steak and I'd like a fur cloak out of his hide! I'll save the bones for my Eeveelutions. Never you fear animal cruelty from me!
---
I am guilty of being an insufferable smart ass!
Too many people I know would be perfectly content to burn me for a witch.