This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honest question: At what point did they confirm a new type?

#11BountyanPosted 5/16/2013 5:57:41 PM(edited)
reaverz posted...
javel34 posted...
Smash ran a "test" for Sylveons type

Weak to poision, and I think SE against ice.

It could have been for fun or it could have been serious.

The poision effectivness on her matches with the leak, but the leak doesn't mention ice....so who knows?

It's important to note that during the Poison test and ONLY the Poison test, they had a text caption appear onscreen that said, "It's super effective!?" Given that no such caption appeared during her interaction with Fighting and Ice, those might turn out to mean nothing of Fairy's matchup against Fighting and Ice. Meanwhile, we have a strongly implied weakness to Poison.

No, there isn't any confirmation of a new type, but given everything we know and have seen so far, it's becoming harder and harder to argue against a new type existing.

Plus it fits with the Pokebeach source that already got Parabolic Charge and the English names right.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#12javel34Posted 5/16/2013 6:01:00 PM
reaverz posted...
javel34 posted...
Smash ran a "test" for Sylveons type

Weak to poision, and I think SE against ice.

It could have been for fun or it could have been serious.

The poision effectivness on her matches with the leak, but the leak doesn't mention ice....so who knows?

It's important to note that during the Poison test and ONLY the Poison test, they had a text caption appear onscreen that said, "It's super effective!?" Given that no such caption appeared during her interaction with Fighting and Ice, those might turn out to mean nothing of Fairy's matchup against Fighting and Ice. Meanwhile, we have a strongly implied weakness to Poison.

No, there isn't any confirmation of a new type, but given everything we know and have seen so far, it's becoming harder and harder to argue against a new type existing.

Okay great, everyone was talking like it was SE...Ice doesn't need another weakness fairy or otherwise :p
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#13LightningHawk90Posted 5/16/2013 6:01:53 PM
Isn't the only type weak against Poison, Grass? And if we already have a Grass Eeveelution, That means one of two things.

1) A different type is being changed to have a poison weakness

2) We're getting a new type.

That's the best we have.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#14reaverzPosted 5/16/2013 6:03:37 PM
javel34 posted...
Okay great, everyone was talking like it was SE...Ice doesn't need another weakness fairy or otherwise :p

Honestly, I'm just surprised that people weren't also saying that Fighting would be super effective against Fairy, since they had Sylveon lose to a "Fighting-type" human. Everyone just focused on Ice, and Fighting doesn't need another super effective hit any more than Ice needs another weakness.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]