This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So...what happened to Pokegen?

#1Faust_8Posted 5/16/2013 8:08:08 PM
All I want is to be able to play through the game with a team I thought up mostly consisting of Pokemon that I like but have never actually used. Quite a few are from Gen IV though.

Can't use the GTS unless it's in my Pokedex already...can't trade with an older game until I have a Gen IV Pokemon...no National Dex until, what, AFTER the Elite Four?

I don't want to compete with these, not even on the Battle Subway necessarily. I just want to go through the game. So I was thinking I'd just use Pokegen, make them the appropriate level (all mine are level 22-23 right now, so for example I was thinking I could just generate an average level 22 Rhyhorn) and that way I can experience beating all the Gym leaders and Elite Four with a custom team and not just only Gen V Pokemon that I've used before.

But...I can't find it. Is there still an easy way to do this? I know some consider it cheating but again, this is purely for my enjoyment in-game. If I want to compete I just go to Showdown. And I need me some Pokemon as I await X and Y...
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#2TherianReturnsPosted 5/16/2013 8:14:11 PM
Pokegen is cheating. Use legit Pokemon and you'll be happier that way.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#3Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 8:20:00 PM
But as far as I know, I can't get legit Pokemon that I want to use until after the Elite Four.

Is it so wrong to want a Rhyhorn before then? Granted, maybe that particular one appears sometime later...I can't really remember.

But Gallade, Milotic...cool Pokemon that I've never used. Don't you want me to experience the in-game story with them?
---
You are the universe
#4ReachOutToTruthPosted 5/16/2013 8:22:25 PM
search the internet for the gts exploit. There should be some sites that let you create your own pokemon to download.
---
<3 and (/|\) !
http://i.imgur.com/khPxrAW.png
#5TherianReturnsPosted 5/16/2013 8:35:49 PM
Faust_8 posted...
But as far as I know, I can't get legit Pokemon that I want to use until after the Elite Four.

Is it so wrong to want a Rhyhorn before then? Granted, maybe that particular one appears sometime later...I can't really remember.

But Gallade, Milotic...cool Pokemon that I've never used. Don't you want me to experience the in-game story with them?

That's so easy to solve. Simply trade in eggs with Pokemon you want to use and use those.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#6Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 11:22:14 PM
I would love to trade with myself but I can't exactly trade from a Gen IV game if I literally only own Gen V Pokemon right now.

Granted I might be able to harvest from my sister's Gen V game, but that's it. I can't do a backwards-compatible trade until I actually have a non-Gen V Pokemon.
---
You are the universe
#7KyrieIrvingPosted 5/16/2013 11:24:14 PM
http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?6424-Download-link-and-information
---
http://i.minus.com/iblIlT6HgFdYeW.gif
#8RingsOfUranusPosted 5/17/2013 12:27:35 AM
www.pokedit.com
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
GiftedACIII: Zettai ryouiki is a much more well known internet term than thigh-highs.