This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is everyone obsessed with mawile lately?

#11Twilight_SonataPosted 5/16/2013 10:58:52 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
What's your point?

Calling it a "her" as a general blanket statement is mistaken. That is all.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#12Mikoto_MisakaPosted 5/16/2013 11:01:08 PM
Lets talk about froslass then.
I think it is an exceptional Pokemon and should stay ice/ghost
---
Damn, I'm good!
http://i.imgur.com/WyzF4wa.gif http://i.imgur.com/ul16cW5.gif http://i.imgur.com/q16LelL.gif http://i.imgur.com/TIwyAPi.gif
#13Hierarchy225Posted 5/16/2013 11:10:52 PM(edited)
The_Sol_Blader posted...
It actually has a 50/50 gender ratio.

So it has a fair chance of being both. What's your point. It's also based on the legend of a female monster

Owned.

I've always like Mawile aesthetically. But it wasn't a good pokemon so I never got around to using it. The fairy type should help though(though its screwed against fire types).
#14-hotdogturtle--Posted 5/16/2013 11:11:03 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
What's your point?

I don't see you getting up in arms when most people refer to the majority of Pokemon as "him" in a general sense.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#15XRamzaXPosted 5/16/2013 11:13:37 PM
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
What's your point?

I don't see you getting up in arms when most people refer to the majority of Pokemon as "him" in a general sense.

Majority of people speak of things based on their own gender. You see this all the time. Unless ofcourse the thing you are talking about looking male or female.
---
Troll killing method 1: Refuse to speak or acknowledge them in any way except by quoting anything they post. Ignore this method if already performed.
#16WetstewPosted 5/16/2013 11:33:22 PM
XRamzaX posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
What's your point?

Majority of people speak of things based on their own gender. You see this all the time. Unless ofcourse the thing you are talking about looking male or female.

Most of the time in English for things that can be male or female people say it or he, unless it is very feminine such as Jigglypuff in Smash. English doesn't have a good neutral gendered pronoun.

While Mawile is based on a legend of a female spirit, it's a neutral gender in design. (Admittedly it is more feminine than masculine it isn't like Gardevior)

It's like people who refer to characters by their Japanese name even though there is a common English name.
---
For every good thing in life, there is one indirect link to a photo service. -eco master
#17XRamzaXPosted 5/16/2013 11:39:52 PM
Wetstew posted...
XRamzaX posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
What's your point?

Most of the time in English for things that can be male or female people say it or he, unless it is very feminine such as Jigglypuff in Smash. English doesn't have a good neutral gendered pronoun.

While Mawile is based on a legend of a female spirit, it's a neutral gender in design. (Admittedly it is more feminine than masculine it isn't like Gardevior)

It's like people who refer to characters by their Japanese name even though there is a common English name.

I understand. It is like mew I guess ( I don't know what the pokemon looks like) I am just saying in general, as person speaks about something by defining it as their gender, unless it looks male or female. More males on this board, more uses of he ect. Most people don't even realize they do it.
---
Troll killing method 1: Refuse to speak or acknowledge them in any way except by quoting anything they post. Ignore this method if already performed.
#18-hotdogturtle--Posted 5/17/2013 12:29:54 AM
The point that I was getting at was that "Twilight_Sonata" should not have been making such a big deal out of Painted_Fish's pronoun usage, because both socially and linguistically, it doesn't matter at all.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#19XRamzaXPosted 5/17/2013 12:43:42 AM
The point that I was getting at was that "Twilight_Sonata" should not have been making such a big deal out of Painted_Fish's pronoun usage, because both socially and linguistically, it doesn't matter at all.

Indeed, There are just gonna be certain pokemon that are referred one way or the other. Sorta like that song pokemon or mewtwo.
---
#20overmaxxPosted 5/17/2013 12:44:23 AM
I love its design, really cool.

But it sucks, so if there even a slight hint it might get an evolution to make it relevant, I'm listening.