This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is everyone obsessed with mawile lately?

#21sonic2307Posted 5/17/2013 12:50:06 AM
XRamzaX posted...
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
The point that I was getting at was that "Twilight_Sonata" should not have been making such a big deal out of Painted_Fish's pronoun usage, because both socially and linguistically, it doesn't matter at all.

Indeed, There are just gonna be certain pokemon that are referred one way or the other. Sorta like that song pokemon or mewtwo.

Mawile looks more like a girl than a boy (and the Team Frontier Mawile in PMD: EoS is a girl). Even Eevee and co. which has a gender ratio of 87.5% male: 12.5% female are commonly referred to as females.
---
I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.
3DS FC: 0962-9436-8898 Name: Shadow the Hedgehog
#22TherianReturnsPosted 5/17/2013 12:51:50 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Painted_Fish posted...
I never liked her. :/

It actually has a 50/50 gender ratio.

Let them go. I understand completely. People around here like to refer Pokemon as females for a reason. It's obvious.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#23XRamzaXPosted 5/17/2013 12:53:17 AM
sonic2307 posted...
XRamzaX posted...
The point that I was getting at was that "Twilight_Sonata" should not have been making such a big deal out of Painted_Fish's pronoun usage, because both socially and linguistically, it doesn't matter at all.

Indeed, There are just gonna be certain pokemon that are referred one way or the other. Sorta like that song pokemon or mewtwo.

Mawile looks more like a girl than a boy (and the Team Frontier Mawile in PMD: EoS is a girl). Even Eevee and co. which has a gender ratio of 87.5% male: 12.5% female are commonly referred to as females.

I always thought most of the eevee series had a good mix of both male and female qualities. Kinda interesting though, do most people look at dogs and just immediately think female? An odd thought process.
---
Troll killing method 1: Refuse to speak or acknowledge them in any way except by quoting anything they post. Ignore this method if already performed.
#24Decon082Posted 5/17/2013 1:33:50 AM
Mawile is among my favorite Pokemon of all time. I'd say it's my 2nd-favorite from Hoenn, behind Huntail. I love underrated Pokemon, and hopefully this supposed Mawile evolution looks amazing and can actually become a useful Pokemon!
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/
#25Twilight_SonataPosted 5/17/2013 5:42:00 AM(edited)
I don't see you getting up in arms when most people refer to the majority of Pokemon as "him" in a general sense.

You don't? Because I definitely call them out on that too. I can't do it all of the time because I'm not on this board 24/7/365, but I've totally done it plenty.

Wetstew posted...
English doesn't have a good neutral gendered pronoun.

They.

Who's making a big deal out of it? I made one simple post that was just a correction and then another that was giving a simple answer to a question somebody asked me. If it's not a big deal, then there's no reason for everybody to get so defensive about it when I call them out on it. So calm down. It's not a big deal.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe