This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokebeach won't give any more leaks for a while

#11NightinanglePosted 5/17/2013 12:06:03 AM
Bambietta posted...
Nightinangle posted...
Bambietta posted...
He actually posted the reason why he won't be leaking any more information on /vp/.

His reasons are beyond ridiculous which leads me to believe that:

A) He doesn't have any more information to reveal.

B) He's simply using this for traffic for his site.

what are the "ridiculous" reason?

From what I gathered is that he basically doesn't want to burn any bridges with TCPi just in case they decide to team up in the future.

But then he stated that they've asked to work with him in the past so he turned them down.

So my thing is, why are you holding off because they may ask to work with you when you've turned them down previously?

And why not just reveal the information since you already probably pissed them off anyways?

That's like me being like:

"I only stole half of the money in your wallet so it's okay, as opposed to me taking all of it so it shows that I'm still a good person and you should befriend me :)"

He listed other BS reasons as well, that thread was so long. He got destroyed.

Maybe nintendo told him to stop, and he is scared of making them mad by making them seem like prudes?
#12BambiettaPosted 5/17/2013 12:10:01 AM
Nightinangle posted...
Bambietta posted...
Nightinangle posted...
Bambietta posted...
He actually posted the reason why he won't be leaking any more information on /vp/.

His reasons are beyond ridiculous which leads me to believe that:

A) He doesn't have any more information to reveal.

B) He's simply using this for traffic for his site.

what are the "ridiculous" reason?

From what I gathered is that he basically doesn't want to burn any bridges with TCPi just in case they decide to team up in the future.

But then he stated that they've asked to work with him in the past so he turned them down.

So my thing is, why are you holding off because they may ask to work with you when you've turned them down previously?

And why not just reveal the information since you already probably pissed them off anyways?

That's like me being like:

"I only stole half of the money in your wallet so it's okay, as opposed to me taking all of it so it shows that I'm still a good person and you should befriend me :)"

He listed other BS reasons as well, that thread was so long. He got destroyed.

Maybe nintendo told him to stop, and he is scared of making them mad by making them seem like prudes?

I think he's doing this just for his benefit, and for his website.

He already said he doesn't do it for the fans anyways on /vp/, his website comes first.

That whole thread opened my eyes, I will never visit his website again. I'll stick with Serebii.

He's not going to release any more info anyways so it's pointless.
#13MilsoPosted 5/17/2013 12:10:30 AM
If he's doing it in an attempt to build good will with the Pokemon Company, it's a ridiculously stupid move, especially considering the amount of good will he's destroying with his fans. He's a news site and has the right to post any news he see's fit. If Nintendo were to send him a cease and desist, I could understand this behaviour.. but holding out on this for some imaginary reason? Well that just throws out any integrity I might have thought this guy had (which to be fair, wasn't much).

There's plenty of other Pokemon sites out there, most of which won't cave to pressure like this. All he's done is let us know that PokeBeach isn't a place you should visit for news.

Hey Serebii and Pokejungle, how you guys doing?
---
rawr
#14gamester_12345Posted 5/17/2013 7:43:07 PM
Guessing he slipped the fact that he's not leaking into slightly unpopular news, i mean who's going to read thin text against a blue background about the TCG?

In other note, whats the status on leaks for the moment, i mean i've lost track of things so far....

Like some Mexican guy apparently leaks a "fairy type" from translating Japanese, then some other guy talks about 2 professors and supposed final types.

How is he even getting his leaks anyway, thought he lost his source when some guy got jailed for leaking the 2nd stage Unova starters to him, or am i thinking of Pokejungle...? or even Experto?
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#15BambiettaPosted 5/17/2013 8:19:42 PM
LOL, I just saw a screenshot of that tiny little message on Pokebeach stating he won't leak anymore information!

The people on /vp/ have eagle eyes because I doubt I would have saw that.

Yeah, he's definitely doing this for more website traffic.