This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I pray that this game will prevent hackers

#81NinjaStorm96Posted 5/17/2013 2:19:44 PM
I hope no one would hack this game so everything can be legit.
---
3DS FC: 3909-8608-2847
#82kingjam1Posted 5/17/2013 2:20:51 PM
Why do people act like online is full of Wondertombs and illegal movesets? If a hacked Pokemon is allowed online then it is legal and could be gotten normally. If there are no hackers then luck will be the biggest factor. Whoever gets the best IVs wins. I don't mind though it should be interesting to see what the game is like without hacks.
---
Can't think of anything
#83chaos12391Posted 5/17/2013 2:21:41 PM
Storm101 posted...
I don't want to have to hack just so I can compete with people.

Why would you need to?

Well you see here, if someone gets perfect pokemon on the spot that puts you at a pretty big disadvantage doesn't it? You can't really compete too well unless you sit there and grind for the PERFECT pokemon or you hack as well. I'm fine with grind a bit for decent stats but not for hours upon hours of it.
---
3DS FC: 1977-0529-1062
#84AnaTheCatPosted 5/17/2013 2:22:49 PM
Lots of people are confused. Currently, it is already impossible to use illegal pokemon on Wifi and at Nintendo events. Every pokemon you see at those events was either bred and raised normally or generated through something.

The only difference is one person spent a lot of time breeding and training while the other didn't. The competitions aren't about who spends the most time raising the pokemon but about who is the most skilled/lucky/clever at battling.
#85Storm101Posted 5/17/2013 2:22:59 PM
chaos12391 posted...
Storm101 posted...

Why would you need to?

Well you see here, if someone gets perfect pokemon on the spot that puts you at a pretty big disadvantage doesn't it? You can't really compete too well unless you sit there and grind for the PERFECT pokemon or you hack as well. I'm fine with grind a bit for decent stats but not for hours upon hours of it.

That will put you at a big disadvantage even against other legit players.
#86FeatherinePosted 5/17/2013 2:31:34 PM
chaos12391 posted...
Storm101 posted...

Why would you need to?

AT the same time, you do also have to compete with the few people that actually take the time to manually customize, breed, and train their Pokemon. The results are the same; they just take different methods to be achieved. It's a matter of who has the smarts, not who has the time (because evidently some people don't have time to whip out their DS and play at every given chance).

And overmaxx, it's still a game no matter how much purity you try implementing into it. The "dont bother reasoning" statement applies the opposite way because not all of us are religiously inclined to train computer-programmed bytes.
#87GiftedACIIIPosted 5/18/2013 10:47:52 AM
chaos12391 posted...
Featherine posted...
overmaxx posted...
ITT: Cheating is a legitimate way to play something, people complaining are just elitists.

I hope Nintendo bans and bricks your 3DS consoles, to say nothing of everything else.

More like:

ITT: People complaining are fretting over a style of play that allows people to save time and be happy and productive, and doesn't necessarily affect other players' lives in the slightest.

Seriously, why are people getting angry over something that doesn't necessarily affect them?

But to a certain extent is effects the multiplayer of the game which effects people who decide to play multiplayer with hacked pokemon (which is more people than not). I don't want to have to hack just so I can compete with people.

They're talking for JUST the in-game. Of course hacking for multiplayer is unacceptable but 99% of Pokemon players just play the in-game.
#88SilentS89Posted 5/18/2013 11:07:12 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
They're talking for JUST the in-game. Of course hacking for multiplayer is unacceptable but 99% of Pokemon players just play the in-game.

THIS. I wish people would stop trying to ruin my singleplayer-only hacking fun.
---
"The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister!" ~The Question
#89evilvideogamerPosted 5/18/2013 11:37:37 AM
This game dropping is going to up the demand for people to crack the 3DS... I have a feeling it will happen eventually, but I'm not terribly worried about it.
---
swagodile for life
3DS: 3222 5845 4482
#90EpsteinBarrPosted 5/18/2013 11:39:27 AM
overmaxx posted...
ITT: Cheating is a legitimate way to play something, people complaining are just elitists.

I hope Nintendo bans and bricks your 3DS consoles, to say nothing of everything else.

It's a video game. For kids. Go outside, there's more to life than a children's game.