This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Fletchling can learn Flame Charge

#11Great_ReapettePosted 5/17/2013 6:05:10 AM(edited)
Altmadragon posted...
Why is farfetch'd the only normal/flying type able to learn a grass type move???

Togetic used Magical Leaf!
Swablu used SolarBeam!
Swablu used Cotton Guard!
Togekiss used Grass Knot!
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#12EnferolunosPosted 5/17/2013 6:12:58 AM
game2002 posted...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame_Robin

Unlikely
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#13game2002(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 6:49:05 AM
Maybe GF saw that there is a flame robin and thus thought it would be cool to give Fletching a Fire-type move, even though it's not based on the same kind of robin.
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!
#14EnferolunosPosted 5/17/2013 6:50:24 AM
game2002 posted...
Maybe GF saw that there is a flame robin and thus thought it would be cool to give Fletching a Fire-type move, even though it's not based on the same kind of robin.

Possibly
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#15RethalwolfPosted 5/17/2013 7:11:14 AM
game2002 posted...

It's based on an arrow.
Maybe they saw someone shoot a flaming arrow and said "we know what we're doing!"
Maybe the flaming arrow they saw was in another nintendo game
Maybe the idea's been around forever
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#16AltmadragonPosted 5/17/2013 7:14:00 AM
Great_Reapette posted...
Altmadragon posted...
Why is farfetch'd the only normal/flying type able to learn a grass type move???

Togetic used Magical Leaf!
Swablu used SolarBeam!
Swablu used Cotton Guard!
Togekiss used Grass Knot!

Yeah I thought of that after I posted, I can't edit lol, but you get the point
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| Xfx DD 7970|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HD| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#17sumuthergamerPosted 5/17/2013 8:52:40 AM(edited)
The REAL reason Fletchling and Zebstrika can learn Flame Charge:
Because in Japan, that move is called "Nitro Charge". As in nitrous that street racing cars use. It's kinda a move using the cartoon physics where they run so fast, the ground catches on fire.

This translational confusion is similar to how "Aerial Ace" in Japan is called "Flying Sparrow" or something like that, and is based on a badass acrobatic ninja move that has nothing to do with actual flying.
---
sumuthergamer = some other gamer. Get it?
Call me "gamer", not "sumu"...
#18SummonearthPosted 5/17/2013 10:18:26 AM
Maybe Flectchling is fire/fying?
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
#19RunebogglePosted 5/17/2013 10:23:58 AM
This translational confusion is similar to how "Aerial Ace" in Japan is called "Flying Sparrow" or something like that, and is based on a badass acrobatic ninja move that has nothing to do with actual flying.

"Swallow Return," and it's based upon a move used by samurai... <_<
---
Si || Mosrael, the Waker
#20sumuthergamerPosted 5/17/2013 3:05:53 PM
Runeboggle posted...

"Swallow Return," and it's based upon a move used by samurai... <_<

Right... My bad. I'm not familiar with the samurai move. But I picture Aerial Ace to look similar to the "Flying Swallow" attack in Ninja Gaiden. That's why I got the name confused...

But the point being... Nitro Charge.
---
sumuthergamer = some other gamer. Get it?
Call me "gamer", not "sumu"...