This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know that nothing here confirms Fairy 100%.

#1ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/17/2013 4:31:39 AM
I could make an equally convincing argument that the new type is Wind, with better explanations than Fairy.

Wind erodes glaciers.

Air poisining.

Wind doesn't do much to steel, or perhaps something about windmills.

Wind is to Flying like Rock is to Ground.

Sylveon is the Fairy of the AIR.

There, I just made an equally convincing argument in favor of a type that isn't Fairy.

So what is it about Fairy Type that makes it so appealing, to the point where people here are willing to believe any rumor, regardless of its validity, on the sole basis that it says Fairy type is real.

There are reasons I'm not to fond of the idea of a Fairy Type, and they don't have to do with the masculinity issue strawman arguments Fairy Type supporters love to trumpet harder than the Gen 3 ost.

And I swear to Arceus first person to make a Denzel Crocker reference gets a V-Crate to the nether regions.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#2jakovuPosted 5/17/2013 4:36:05 AM
Own guy who claims that there will be a Fairy type also correctly predicted some English names.
#3Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/17/2013 4:39:25 AM(edited)
The only thing that will confirm it 100% is them stating it directly from Game Freak/the Pokemon Company themselves. Whenever that might be.... -_-
#4DarkEspeon996Posted 5/17/2013 4:45:16 AM
Why the immunity to Dragon?
---
What goes up, must go down. Like my grades...- black wargreykid
http://i.imgur.com/amV5N.jpg
#5Big_IsaacPosted 5/17/2013 4:46:58 AM
theme-wise, there's not much difference between flying and wind. at least Fairy is something new
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#6AngryGFAQerPosted 5/17/2013 4:48:46 AM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Air poisining.

I think you should first try to make a convincing post without grammatical errors.

Baby steps.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#7DweezleMoonunitPosted 5/17/2013 4:54:34 AM
Several leakers with correct info in the past are all saying fairy type is a thing. So there's that.
---
PARAPPA THE FRANK ZAPPA
#8ShariadarowPosted 5/17/2013 4:54:51 AM
You know, I'm getting really, really sick of people trying to say Sylveon comes from Sylph. See that V? That is not a ph, that is a V. Know what else has a V that starts with Syl? Sylvan, or Sylva, terms used to refer to nature/forest creatures. Not wind.

Nympheon/Ninfia both come from Nymph, Greek mythological creatures associated with nature, most commonly the forest, although river and sea Nymphs existed as well.

Feelinara comes from Fee, apparently the German word for Fairy.

Whether you call it Fairy or not, Sylveon has a strong mythological association with nature spirits/fae. Nothing about it has anything to do with wind. If you want to argue that Fairy will not be a type, be my guest, but at least stop perpetuating this "Sylveon is a flying/wind type" nonsense.
#9MidnightCrewPosted 5/17/2013 5:10:45 AM
DweezleMoonunit posted...
Several leakers with correct info in the past are all saying fairy type is a thing. So there's that.

You people said the same thing about Mr. XY and we got a lot of nonsense about that before you all shut up about it. :I
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#10DweezleMoonunitPosted 5/17/2013 7:29:26 AM
MidnightCrew posted...
DweezleMoonunit posted...

You people said the same thing about Mr. XY and we got a lot of nonsense about that before you all shut up about it. :I

yeah but i didn't believe mr XY. So there's that.
---
PARAPPA THE ZAPPA