This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we discuss what we know about Sylveon's type without arguing about fairies?

#1pokemonfreak97Posted 5/17/2013 5:20:04 AM
I don't know if this whole Fairy-type thing is right, but in this topic I don't care. This topic is intended to discuss what we do and do not know about Sylveon's type (which I will refer to as Sylveon-type until an official source reveals it). So what do we know about Sylveon-type? The stuff I know is that it is standard+ effectiveness on Ice and weak to Poison. What else do we know?
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#2EnferolunosPosted 5/17/2013 5:21:48 AM
That it's not fighting type
There's really nothing to discuss without speculating
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3Brady672_AT_fanPosted 5/17/2013 5:23:25 AM
It's normal type fools.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#4EnferolunosPosted 5/17/2013 5:27:45 AM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
It's normal type fools.

*Slap*
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#5DweezleMoonunitPosted 5/17/2013 5:30:20 AM
I'm afraid that's not possible, TC.
---
PARAPPA THE FRANK ZAPPA
#6pokemonfreak97(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 5:35:41 AM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
It's normal type fools.

That does not fit with the officially announced Smash information. It is standard+ effective on Ice and weak to Poison. Given that Leafeon's Grass-type, it can't be any existing type.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#7ShariadarowPosted 5/17/2013 5:37:57 AM
Beyond what you said, and the other poster mentioning it not being a fighting type, we have nothing but it's name, and it being an Eeveelution to go off of. Thus, we know for sure that it is not Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, or Ice, and likely not normal due to being an Eeveelution, we know it isn't Fighting, and we know that it is at least normally effective/resistant to Ice, as well as Poison being Super Effective versus it. So it's less a question of whether ot not Sylveon IS a new type, so much as WHAT that type is, and what it might entail.

I won't go too into the Fairy thing as you requested, but that's all that can really be gotten out of it's name at the moment, and thus far names have been clear indicators for Eeveelutions. We know that Sylv probably comes from Sylva or Sylvan, referring to forest/nature creatures, we know that Nympheon/Ninfia refers to Nymphs, a Greek mythological creature associated with nature, often forests but sometimes rivers or seas as well, and apparently the Fee in Feelinara is German for Fairy.

Beyond that, all we have are a couple of leaks from two separate people with some credibility, one of them has credibility from leaking the B/W Pokedex a while back, and the other has credibility from leaking that new electric draining move and the English names of the four new Pokemon.

That's a summary of everything we have at the moment, I think.
#8ShariadarowPosted 5/17/2013 5:40:34 AM
Oh, and we know that Sylveon is capable of using some sort of magic light show looking move via the trailer. I'm not familiar enough with existing moves to say what it might be, but it has an illusory or otherworldly look to it, so I doubt it's Normal type.