This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the protagonist in this game ever be as badass as Red?

#1RX02BansheePosted 5/17/2013 10:09:26 AM
I'm going to guess that no, he cannot top Red. Red, the most powerful trainer in the series, the boy so badass he lives at the top of a freezing cold mountain. This trainer, can he hope to even mildly compare?

Finally, some fanservice of Red, just to prove how pointless it is to try and top him. http://i7.minus.com/ixJtVsifrnKEz.jpg
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#2Rad_DudesmanPosted 5/17/2013 10:11:23 AM
Why is Red so beloved?

He's the same as all the other protagonists; nothing more than the player's self-insert.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#3crunchy612Posted 5/17/2013 10:11:52 AM
Hilbert/Hilda caught at least one legendary. Said legendary wanted to be caught because H is just that cool. He/she catches two if you count Victini. Canonically.
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
YancyYancyYancyYancyYancy! <3 http://i.imgur.com/5o2PG35.png
#4Strain42Posted 5/17/2013 10:12:09 AM
I personally always thought Gold was more badass than Red (lemme be clear here...Gold, not "Ethan")
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#5ButKevinBaconPosted 5/17/2013 10:12:20 AM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Why is Red so beloved?

He's the same as all the other protagonists; nothing more than the player's self-insert.

#6AaronHutchPosted 5/17/2013 10:12:46 AM
charizard couldnt use Fly in red or blue
---
W@W was awesome for gun diversity. You saw the MP40, the MP40, and the MP40. - Gritzblitz56
#7Katharina27Posted 5/17/2013 10:14:43 AM
The first legends of trainer badassery started with Red. He's been popping up in the most unlikely places ever since to beat you to the ground!
---
I am guilty of being an insufferable smart ass!
Too many people I know would be perfectly content to burn me for a witch.
#8RX02Banshee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 10:14:55 AM
crunchy612 posted...
Hilbert/Hilda caught at least one legendary. Said legendary wanted to be caught because H is just that cool. He/she catches two if you count Victini. Canonically.

If you want to play that game the protagonist in BW/2 battles the far more powerful form of that Legendary fused with another Legendary and wins. And they did it without legendary Pokemon of their own, unlike Hilbert/Hilda who used their Legendary to face another.

And that other legendary wanted to be caught so it could bring about balance, nothing more. If anyone should get credit in Black/White it should be N. He's the one who actually had to tame his Legendary dragon.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#9EpsteinBarrPosted 5/17/2013 10:15:53 AM
Nope. No protagonist yet had Red's swag.
#10Sid_StarkillerPosted 5/17/2013 10:16:28 AM
Nostalgia won't allow it.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.