This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Fairy exist, I just hope Jirachi doesn't turn Fairy/Psychic instead.

#11jayman7Posted 5/17/2013 11:32:00 AM
reaverz posted...
Roc_Raida posted...
I hope you guys are right, though Doom Desire seems like the perfect candidate to change into a Fairy type. -_-;;

If that's the case so would Luster Purge, Flash Cannon, Flash, and any other move that involves attacking with light.

Non-sequitur.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#12reaverzPosted 5/17/2013 11:44:42 AM
jayman7 posted...
Non-sequitur.

How so? Doom Desire's description talks about attacking with a "concentrated bundle of light," which matches its animation. Luster Purge says, "a damaging burst of light," Flash Cannon, "gathered light energy is released," and Flash... I probably don't need to explain that one.

If Doom Desire "seems" like the kind of attack that would become Fairy-type if it exists, then it stands to reason that those other moves I mentioned are also possible Fairy-type retcon candidates.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#13Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 5/17/2013 11:47:55 AM
steel is too good for jirachi. stab iron head and toxic immune.
---
KINGLER for president.
http://i.imgur.com/ipgZbBu.png
#14RX02BansheePosted 5/17/2013 12:04:45 PM
If Jirachi became Steel/Psychic I would dance with joy. Because then it would likely be banned.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#15NewMoonShadowPosted 5/17/2013 12:09:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16NewMoonShadowPosted 5/17/2013 12:09:28 PM
reaverz posted...
Any Pokemon that is already dual-type is extremely unlikely to acquire the Fairy type if it's real. The only type I can see ever being replaced by Fairy is Normal, since that's the closest thing we have to a placeholder type. Jirachi's Steel and Psychic powers have been well-established.

Actually in this instance a lot of magically-oriented Pokemon have been previously made Psychic Type just for lack of anything better to make them. Jirachi and Celebi among them.
#17reaverzPosted 5/17/2013 12:15:01 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Actually in this instance a lot of magically-oriented Pokemon have been previously made Psychic Type just for lack of anything better to make them. Jirachi and Celebi among them.

Perhaps, but they are now among the ranks of Psychics in their powers. It's not like Normal which doesn't have any particular power to lay a claim to. Psychic Pokemon have a tie to mental powers and all that, and it makes little sense for one to suddenly lose their Psychic affinity to become Fairy-type all of a sudden. Normal to Fairy makes for a much easier and likely transition.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#18Hierarchy225Posted 5/17/2013 12:24:12 PM
RX02Banshee posted...
If Jirachi became Steel/Psychic I would dance with joy. Because then it would likely be banned.

Jirachu is already Steel/Psychic
#19Nightbird_XPosted 5/17/2013 1:03:21 PM
Door2Light posted...
I doubt they will but I can see Clefairy/clefable being fairy type or even mew (since it's a mirage pokemon)

Oh really? You think Clefairy/Clefable, who are already listed and talked about as Fairies in the Pokemon games, especially the Pokedex, could be typed as Fairy?

What the hell ever gave you such an idea?
---
My beautiful Roselynn: http://imgur.com/IaIxgc2
#20Strain42Posted 5/17/2013 1:26:20 PM
I'm personally hoping that if they are going to retcon any existing Pokemon by slapping the Fairy type on them that it doesn't end up being any dual type Pokemon.

If they wanna add Fairy as a secondary type to Pokemon like Clefairy, Snubbull or Gothitelle, fine, whatever, go ahead.

But yeah, I think it'd be pretty stupid if they went around changing Celebi, Jirachi or Togekiss (okay, the last one I could maybe understand, but I still don't particularly want it)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)