This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HM moves should have a separate move slot.

#11hereforemnantPosted 5/17/2013 1:30:37 PM
LordAlistair posted...
Why do HMs need to be tied to Pokemon moves at all? Just give us Key Items for tree-cutting, boulder pushing, water crossing, fast travel and whatever else they think they need them for, turn Surf into a TM and ditch the rest.

Because that would be making a kid do labor.

Tree-cutting - An axe or saw.

Boulder pushing - Gloves and cables, or for rock smash a pick-axe or jack-hammer.

Water crossing - a inflatable tube, Pokemon actually were made to look like one before

Fast travel - A blimp? Or Hot air balloon? Yeah i don't think you can just carry one of those around, even by Nintendo's standards.

Does not /logic
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
#12Partisan_HackPosted 5/17/2013 1:43:06 PM
hereforemnant posted...
LordAlistair posted...
Why do HMs need to be tied to Pokemon moves at all? Just give us Key Items for tree-cutting, boulder pushing, water crossing, fast travel and whatever else they think they need them for, turn Surf into a TM and ditch the rest.

Boulder pushing - Gloves and cables, or for rock smash a pick-axe or jack-hammer.

Water crossing - a inflatable tube, Pokemon actually were made to look like one before

Fast travel - A blimp? Or Hot air balloon? Yeah i don't think you can just carry one of those around, even by Nintendo's standards.

Does not /logic

Jetpack.

Checkmate, atheists.
---
THE University of Missouri
SEC SEC SEC
#13hereforemnantPosted 5/17/2013 1:46:01 PM
Partisan_Hack posted...
hereforemnant posted...
LordAlistair posted...

Does not /logic

Jetpack.

Checkmate, atheists.

Your mistake, i'm a Haruhiist.
---
#14Overlord_MMXUPosted 5/17/2013 2:07:39 PM
I agree with the HM needing it's own slot or something, seriously. Here I was hoping X and Y would change things up a bit with adding either a 5th or 6th slot for pokemon moves in the game, but if they don't do that, at the very least, it would be nice to see separate HM slots outside of battle move slots instead for use out of battle. I would really like to have my dream team without having to use up one or two of their in battle moves for an HM skill.
---
Saya No Uta-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToYTPeZrzuY
Time Hollow-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lnwBLwHfCc
#15xpiritflarePosted 5/17/2013 2:45:14 PM
It would be helpful in not having to carry an hm slave around

hereforemnant posted...
Your mistake, i'm a Haruhiist.

I lol'd
---
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa
#16Umbrella_Man99Posted 5/17/2013 3:21:35 PM
hereforemnant posted...
LordAlistair posted...

Does not /logic

I can put my goddamned bike in my goddamned computer. I can damn well carry a balloon where the **** I damn well please.
---
A consumer is entitled to all of the game content that was finished before release.- Actual quote justifying/vilifying DLC "Greed"
#17hereforemnantPosted 5/17/2013 4:07:07 PM
Umbrella_Man99 posted...
hereforemnant posted...
LordAlistair posted...

Does not /logic

I can put my goddamned bike in my goddamned computer. I can damn well carry a balloon where the **** I damn well please.

The Bike did fold-up it was said in Fire Red and Leaf Green, but why are you getting mad?
---
#18ClassyOldHatPosted 5/17/2013 5:45:33 PM
hereforemnant posted...
ClassyOldHat posted...
hereforemnant posted...
Yup, like each Pokemon in your squad has a blank slot to learn an HM move, but only one. And the HM should reference it's type in someway so it makes a bit of sense.

Did you miss the original poster specifying "Overworld" slot? As in, one that can be used in world map, not in battle?

Chaos Genesis posted...
Because HM use was so rampant in the last two games, right?

This is Game "two steps forward, on step back" Freak. BW2 had noticeably more mandatory HM use than BW, so it's not out of the question that we could go back to rampant HM use.

And even if they weren't used rampantly, what would be wrong with making it more convenient for when you DO use HMs for hidden items?

Oh sorry, i must not be speaking clearly enough for everyone to interpret. Yes, i had mean't that it would have a slot for the HM, but it would only be used in the Over-World and not in battle, i did not at any time mean for it to be used in battle as a fifth move. Geez people...

Oh dear... Sorry, I meant to quote Featherine... I have no issue with your post, and it's too late to edit...

Featherine posted...
tl;dr all HM users conveniently have a fifth moveslot to use in battle.

All special attackers who didn't have space to use Surf will suddenly use it haha

That's what I meant to address.
#19jayman7Posted 5/17/2013 6:14:31 PM
LordAlistair posted...

Ruins the whole point of HMs - that you're going on an adventure with your Pokémon. That they're your companions, not just something you pull out because you're afraid of fighting.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#20hereforemnantPosted 5/17/2013 6:15:16 PM
hereforemnant posted...

Tree-cutting - An axe or saw. ©

Boulder pushing - Gloves and cables, or for rock smash a pick-axe or jack-hammer. ©

Water crossing - a inflatable tube, Pokemon actually were made to look like one before. ©

Fast travel - A blimp? Or Hot air balloon? © Yeah i don't think you can just carry one of those around, even by Nintendo's standards.

Does not /logic .

Also, i'm copyrighting and trademarking all of these. If they do happen to implement items instead of HM's, you heard the list from me first.

Along with the Wind™ type.
---