This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen with the worst new Pokemon? (Read before voting)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Gen with the worst new Pokemon? (Read before voting)
2 years ago#1
Which Gen had the worst batch of Pokemon. - Results (154 votes)
Gen I
15.58% (24 votes)
Gen II
22.73% (35 votes)
Gen III
10.39% (16 votes)
Gen IV
23.38% (36 votes)
Gen V
12.34% (19 votes)
I really don't care.
15.58% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
By worst, I mean in design and in battle. So take in to account the aptitude of the Pokemon as well as how they look.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
2 years ago#2
I think all of them have their pros, and cons(though I loved Gen V's pokemon the most)..

I guess I'll vote Gen IV..
2 years ago#3
Gen 2 pokemon have the worst stats and designs.
---
Official landorus-t of the pokemon X board, I am also the anti-hero of gamefaqs.
Official husband of all the pokegirls, I don't care what you say.
2 years ago#4
I don't follow in any way if a Pokemon is considered good in battle or not. I voted for Gen 4, and for all I know they could have had some of the bestest battle Pokemon of all time.

But as far as I'm concerned, Gen 4 had the second smallest Pokedex loaded up with pointless babies, ugly evolutions, a butt load of legendaries, and probably more tossed aside Pokemon than any previous Gen.

There were a few gems of brilliance tucked away in there, but it's the only gen so far where I feel like the bad Pokemon far outnumber the good.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
2 years ago#5
Gen 2.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
2 years ago#6
Strain42 posted...
I don't follow in any way if a Pokemon is considered good in battle or not. I voted for Gen 4, and for all I know they could have had some of the bestest battle Pokemon of all time.

But as far as I'm concerned, Gen 4 had the second smallest Pokedex loaded up with pointless babies, ugly evolutions, a butt load of legendaries, and probably more tossed aside Pokemon than any previous Gen.

There were a few gems of brilliance tucked away in there, but it's the only gen so far where I feel like the bad Pokemon far outnumber the good.

This is exactly how I feel ._.
---
I gotta do what?
http://i.imgur.com/JJOpf2G.png
2 years ago#7
I personally think gen 1. Only a few pokemon were actually good. Gen 4 did deliver us much needed evolutions and their pokemon looked awesome, so I'm going for gen 1.
---
THAT'S MR ACE TO YOU PEOPLE
Pokemon X and Y female MC is my waifu
2 years ago#8
If you mean the generation which had the most amount of bad Pokemon then it is easily Gen I. There's a sizeable batch of garbage designs among the good ones in that gen:

ADD MORE HEADS: Dugtrio, Magneton, Dodrio

Uninspired evolutions: Muk, Dugong, Pidgeotto, Nidorino, Nidorina, Primeape, Kingler, Marowak.

Uninspired unevolutions: Grimer, Seel, Krabby

I tripped over knocked my head, became concussed for a few days and while recovering at home, I scribbled down a circle and got my 4 year old nephew to draw a face on it and then thought this would be a good idea for a Pokemon: Voltorb, Electrode.

Let's just appreciate that for a second. Can you imagine if Voltorb and Electrode were one of the new Gen V Pokemon and the terror that would be unleashed by the Pokemon fan community because of it. Trubbish is Mona Lisa in comparison.

EDIT: Oh i forgot to mention viability. Well... all the Pokemon I mentioned are pretty bad in battle too except maybe Marowak and Dugtrio.
2 years ago#9
I actually like Voltorb and Electrode. I saw them as a clever and interesting take on the classic Mimic enemies that take the forms of treasure chests found in other RPGs.

Of course a Voltorb is much huger than a Pokeball and how anyone in real life could make that mistake doesn't make much sense.

So the execution of it falls a little flat, but I thought it was a pretty good idea in concept.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
2 years ago#10
Come to think of it, there aren't that many Kanto Pokemon that made it high in terms of the competitive business. Starmie and Gengar are two of the few exceptions.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Gen with the worst new Pokemon? (Read before voting)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived