This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen with the worst new Pokemon? (Read before voting)

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 5/17/2013 3:15:00 PM
Which Gen had the worst batch of Pokemon. - Results (154 votes)
Gen I
15.58% (24 votes)
Gen II
22.73% (35 votes)
Gen III
10.39% (16 votes)
Gen IV
23.38% (36 votes)
Gen V
12.34% (19 votes)
I really don't care.
15.58% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
By worst, I mean in design and in battle. So take in to account the aptitude of the Pokemon as well as how they look.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#2Hierarchy225Posted 5/17/2013 3:15:50 PM
I think all of them have their pros, and cons(though I loved Gen V's pokemon the most)..

I guess I'll vote Gen IV..
#3TheMightyGuardiPosted 5/17/2013 3:17:12 PM
Gen 2 pokemon have the worst stats and designs.
---
Official landorus-t of the pokemon X board, I am also the anti-hero of gamefaqs.
Official husband of all the pokegirls, I don't care what you say.
#4Strain42Posted 5/17/2013 3:19:48 PM
I don't follow in any way if a Pokemon is considered good in battle or not. I voted for Gen 4, and for all I know they could have had some of the bestest battle Pokemon of all time.

But as far as I'm concerned, Gen 4 had the second smallest Pokedex loaded up with pointless babies, ugly evolutions, a butt load of legendaries, and probably more tossed aside Pokemon than any previous Gen.

There were a few gems of brilliance tucked away in there, but it's the only gen so far where I feel like the bad Pokemon far outnumber the good.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#5Rad_DudesmanPosted 5/17/2013 3:23:58 PM
Gen 2.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#6RainbowsaurusPosted 5/17/2013 3:25:32 PM
Strain42 posted...
I don't follow in any way if a Pokemon is considered good in battle or not. I voted for Gen 4, and for all I know they could have had some of the bestest battle Pokemon of all time.

But as far as I'm concerned, Gen 4 had the second smallest Pokedex loaded up with pointless babies, ugly evolutions, a butt load of legendaries, and probably more tossed aside Pokemon than any previous Gen.

There were a few gems of brilliance tucked away in there, but it's the only gen so far where I feel like the bad Pokemon far outnumber the good.

This is exactly how I feel ._.
---
I gotta do what?
http://i.imgur.com/JJOpf2G.png
#7LightningAce11Posted 5/17/2013 3:28:12 PM
I personally think gen 1. Only a few pokemon were actually good. Gen 4 did deliver us much needed evolutions and their pokemon looked awesome, so I'm going for gen 1.
---
THAT'S MR ACE TO YOU PEOPLE
Pokemon X and Y female MC is my waifu
#8MasajubPosted 5/17/2013 3:38:42 PM(edited)
If you mean the generation which had the most amount of bad Pokemon then it is easily Gen I. There's a sizeable batch of garbage designs among the good ones in that gen:

ADD MORE HEADS: Dugtrio, Magneton, Dodrio

Uninspired evolutions: Muk, Dugong, Pidgeotto, Nidorino, Nidorina, Primeape, Kingler, Marowak.

Uninspired unevolutions: Grimer, Seel, Krabby

I tripped over knocked my head, became concussed for a few days and while recovering at home, I scribbled down a circle and got my 4 year old nephew to draw a face on it and then thought this would be a good idea for a Pokemon: Voltorb, Electrode.

Let's just appreciate that for a second. Can you imagine if Voltorb and Electrode were one of the new Gen V Pokemon and the terror that would be unleashed by the Pokemon fan community because of it. Trubbish is Mona Lisa in comparison.

EDIT: Oh i forgot to mention viability. Well... all the Pokemon I mentioned are pretty bad in battle too except maybe Marowak and Dugtrio.
#9Strain42Posted 5/17/2013 3:39:01 PM
I actually like Voltorb and Electrode. I saw them as a clever and interesting take on the classic Mimic enemies that take the forms of treasure chests found in other RPGs.

Of course a Voltorb is much huger than a Pokeball and how anyone in real life could make that mistake doesn't make much sense.

So the execution of it falls a little flat, but I thought it was a pretty good idea in concept.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#10FeatherinePosted 5/17/2013 3:39:22 PM
Come to think of it, there aren't that many Kanto Pokemon that made it high in terms of the competitive business. Starmie and Gengar are two of the few exceptions.