This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I know why the fairy type gym is so early(if the rumors are true)

#1Hierarchy225Posted 5/17/2013 2:41:04 PM
Normally dragon pokemon are introduced mid/late game because they're so powerful. But with Fairy type being the counter for Dragon, then maybe Gamefreak will allow us to raise a dragon type early in the game? Without them worrying about us having a greater advantage.
#2Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/17/2013 2:42:16 PM
In D/P/Pt, you could get a dragon shortly after Eterna Gym if you knew where to look....
#3Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 2:46:23 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
In D/P/Pt, you could get a dragon shortly after Eterna Gym if you knew where to look....

Well this was just a theory, but good point regardless.
#4SalsaSavantPosted 5/17/2013 2:50:00 PM
It makes sense to introduce a new gameplay element early. It shows off whats new and teaches players the new mechanics, so they can be ready for them later.

In Johto, I was surprised that there was no Dark gym, and that the Steel Gym was so late. There was no proper "tutorial" for the new types. Looks like they're not going to make that mistake again this gen.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#5RX02BansheePosted 5/17/2013 2:50:05 PM
In Gold and Silver you could get a Dragon before the third gym if you really wanted to.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail