This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people sexist to fairy type?

#11Painted_FishPosted 5/17/2013 4:11:00 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
This. It's not "sexist" so much as "homophobic", and probably "insecure". It's the same thing that makes people rage and foam at the mouth any time they see a character from "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" anywhere on their monitor.

I agree with what you're saying on sexism, but not on the MLP part. The reason people, myself included, don't like bronies is because they're freaking creepy. My daughter plays with them and seeing grown men with the same exact toys looks wrong.
---
NYARGLEBARGLE!
http://tinyurl.com/TheJusticeDance
#12Decon082Posted 5/17/2013 4:11:43 PM
The difference is that Fairy type will actually be useful. If hardcore players didn't want to use cutesy Pokemon before, they didn't have to, because they're usually bad in battles. They're just unhappy that a good useful type is coming around and it's name is something "stupid" like Fairy.

Get over it. You still don't have to use them if you don't want to.

I can see Smogon adding a No Fairies Clause to please the butthurt trainers.
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/
#13NewMoonShadowPosted 5/17/2013 4:12:39 PM
Painted_Fish posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
This. It's not "sexist" so much as "homophobic", and probably "insecure". It's the same thing that makes people rage and foam at the mouth any time they see a character from "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" anywhere on their monitor.

I agree with what you're saying on sexism, but not on the MLP part. The reason people, myself included, don't like bronies is because they're freaking creepy. My daughter plays with them and seeing grown men with the same exact toys looks wrong.

Does your daughter play Pokemon? I am a grown man who also plays Pokemon. Is that creepy?

Also most grown men don't play with My Little Pony toys, they make fanart or fanfics, or simply collect certain things like the Trading Cards.
#14Hierarchy225Posted 5/17/2013 4:14:06 PM
rawxfoxdog posted...
astro dragons

Astro Dragons.. I really want a Fairy/Dragon type pseudo legendary.
#15Painted_FishPosted 5/17/2013 4:17:05 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Does your daughter play Pokemon? I am a grown man who also plays Pokemon. Is that creepy?

Also most grown men don't play with My Little Pony toys, they make fanart or fanfics, or simply collect certain things like the Trading Cards.

No, she's too young. If she wants to when she's older, I'd be okay with it. And no, you liking Pokemon isn't creepy. You like it because you like it and it's made for everyone. Bronies only like MLP because it's a fad from 4chan that got way out of hand.
---
NYARGLEBARGLE!
#16MidnightCrewPosted 5/17/2013 4:17:45 PM
There were a lot of people annoyed by claims that Light type was confirmed and that Sylveon would be it too.

You people claiming that people who have a problem with fairy type are sexist are an insult to feminism and are the reason a lot of people don't take feminism seriously.

Get over yourselves.
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#17NewMoonShadowPosted 5/17/2013 4:21:23 PM
Painted_Fish posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...

No, she's too young. If she wants to when she's older, I'd be okay with it. And no, you liking Pokemon isn't creepy. You like it because you like it and it's made for everyone. Bronies only like MLP because it's a fad from 4chan that got way out of hand.

1: Accusing MLP of being a fad on a Pokemon message board is pretty funny, considering Pokemon was THE fad of the late 90's early 00's.

2: Bronies, including me, like MLP for the same reason they like Pokemon. Because they simply like it. For me it's the setting, the characters, and the old-school cartoon sensibilities. I love cartoons, and MLP is one of the first in a long time to be good without trying to be some deep meaningful action/adventure, or a Spongebob Squarepants clone. It's just a cute and funny show.

Yeah, there are fad-followers, but the same was true of Pokemon back in the day, and look at it now. Even long after the fad has faded, Pokemon continues to go strong with its core fanbase. I can't say for sure the same will be true for MLP, but I know I, at least, genuinely enjoy the show for what it is.
#18XRamzaXPosted 5/17/2013 4:30:13 PM(edited)
Fighting is considered a masculine now? hmm I knew I must have imagined female MMA

There is a massive amount of intolerance on both sides. But you rarely see people against fairy calling fairy lovers little girls and gay.

Why don't you look at this topic and see how many of the opposite you see..... I don't rally need to I scanned the first page, insecure and little boy confirmed.

Edit: Also no one on this board has any right to do any name calling. Playing pokemon at all no matter if you are a man or women above the age of ehh 12ish will get you strange looks from the majority of the population. You would think we would be a bit more tolerant to eachother.
---
Troll killing method 1: Refuse to speak or acknowledge them in any way except by quoting anything they post. Ignore this method if already performed.
#19Painted_FishPosted 5/17/2013 4:32:29 PM
I'm just gonna stop. >_>
---
NYARGLEBARGLE!
#20RingsOfUranusPosted 5/17/2013 4:36:53 PM
ITT: Liberals.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
GiftedACIII: Zettai ryouiki is a much more well known internet term than thigh-highs.