This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs Favorite Pokemon, Round 0: Rules and Introduction

#1Samp98518Posted 5/17/2013 5:53:56 PM
So I decided to make this, because why not. Sorry if this has been done before, but this board moves through topics at mach speed anyway, so any previous once will be very quickly buried.

As the title says, this is going to be a contest to figure out what Gamefaqs favorite Pokemon is. The competition is set up in a double elimination tournament, with each bracket containing one whole generation. It will go in in order, so tomorrow will be the beginning of the first generation matches.

Why double elimination? Well, because I feel like doing it that way, and it might actually effect things. Probably not in the actual brackets that much, but it will when a final bracket is set up to find the true favorite.

Polls will start tomorrow, with two every day. Each poll will be up for at least 24 hours before being closed, so a day might get missed a few times. The bracket, which I will have a link to at the end, will be updated daily. Poll order will be a full round of winners matches, before doing as many full rounds of the losers bracket that I can.

Sorry if any matches are a bit odd, like Kadabra vs Alakazam. I just put every Pokemon in order of its National Dex number, and the website set up the order, so that might happen a few times, which is kind of why I made it double elimination.

Bracket: http://challonge.com/puiyqiom

Tomorrow's Matches: Tauros vs Magikarp, Chansey vs Articuno.
---
Excuse me, sir? Can you sign my bus schedule?
#2scrappybristolPosted 5/17/2013 5:59:52 PM
1. Dunsparce
2. Jigglypuff
3. Kakuna
4. Sylveon
5. Charizard
---
This sig is significant
#3Samp98518(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 6:03:13 PM
Oh yeah, gen 6 will be done, since it will take a while to go through the first five generations. Maybe even generation 7, but I don't see it happening before the other six are done.
---
Excuse me, sir? Can you sign my bus schedule?