This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy Type: The Topic

#1MetaDeDeDePosted 5/17/2013 5:16:11 PM
Let duscuss about how awesome the fairy type will be.
#2scrappybristolPosted 5/17/2013 5:17:50 PM
*grabs stapler*

Anyone who dares pay this topic any attention will lose a family member.
---
This sig is significant
#3Zero97Posted 5/17/2013 5:18:57 PM
scrappybristol posted...
*grabs stapler*

you are my new kitten
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97
#4MetaDeDeDe(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 5:21:08 PM
scrappybristol posted...
*grabs stapler*

What's wrong, It not off tpoic for it about how awsome the fairy type will be. It mean the pokemon based off of myth will have more effort put into them to stop the dragon type from Outrageing everything. Yes Scizor will be more common along with Heatran and other good fire types.
#5InhaledCornPosted 5/17/2013 5:35:10 PM
.... Know what? I think I understand why Psychic would resist Fairy now.

They don't believe in their mystical mumbo-jumbo. Their Mind-over-Matter basically ignores anything they have to say. Sure, there could be other Pokemon, but Psychics can trick their mind into ignoring their magic and put logic behind it, which is the exact opposite of the fundamentals of magic.

Sure, they still produce phenomena, Psychic-types just don't believe the excuse "IT'S MAGIC!" Thus, they only receive half-damage.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I support the Fairy-type.
#6Hierarchy225Posted 5/17/2013 5:41:59 PM
Fairy type will be great *if it happens*. For some reason I doubt they'll give fairy type any priority moves. I mean a priority move that's super effective against fighting, dark, and dragon? Wow.. Just wow.
#7InhaledCornPosted 5/17/2013 5:51:28 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
Fairy type will be great *if it happens*. For some reason I doubt they'll give fairy type any priority moves. I mean a priority move that's super effective against fighting, dark, and dragon? Wow.. Just wow.

Bullet Punching Scizor's going to be even more of a thing now. Metagross, Jirachi, and Bronzong are pretty much the perfect counter to due to their dual resistance. The Lati-twins would take neutral damage from Fairy-moves due to their half-Psychic-ness. Breloom still packs Spore. Dragonite won't get rocked as hard as people think due to Multiscale, providing Rocks aren't on the field.

The only two dragons I can really see this hurting is Salamence and Garchomp.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I support the Fairy-type.
#8scrappybristolPosted 5/17/2013 5:55:05 PM
InhaledCorn posted...

You just lost an uncle.

Hierarchy225 posted...

I'm afraid one of your cousins had a terrible office "accident."
---
This sig is significant
#9reaverzPosted 5/17/2013 5:56:37 PM
InhaledCorn posted...
.... Know what? I think I understand why Psychic would resist Fairy now.

They don't believe in their mystical mumbo-jumbo. Their Mind-over-Matter basically ignores anything they have to say. Sure, there could be other Pokemon, but Psychics can trick their mind into ignoring their magic and put logic behind it, which is the exact opposite of the fundamentals of magic.

Sure, they still produce phenomena, Psychic-types just don't believe the excuse "IT'S MAGIC!" Thus, they only receive half-damage.

I liked another user's explanation that since Psychic's weaknesses are considered common fears (Bug, Ghost, Dark/Evil; see Rattled ability), Fairy is not very effective on Psychic because they are "anti-fears." Fairies are stereotypcally cute and thus not scary.

Someone else also pointed out that it being not very effective against Fire could be because fairies are also considered woodland or forest creatures, which is what lends Fire a resistance to Grass and Bug.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10Hierarchy225Posted 5/17/2013 6:01:48 PM(edited)
InhaledCorn posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...

Bullet Punching Scizor's going to be even more of a thing now. Metagross, Jirachi, and Bronzong are pretty much the perfect counter to due to their dual resistance. The Lati-twins would take neutral damage from Fairy-moves due to their half-Psychic-ness. Breloom still packs Spore. Dragonite won't get rocked as hard as people think due to Multiscale, providing Rocks aren't on the field.

The only two dragons I can really see this hurting is Salamence and Garchomp.

Well Garchomp can learn Iron Head, and Iron Tail, and Salamence can learn Iron Tail as well. So it might not be so bad for them. Hydreigon might have some trouble though.