This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the fanbase making such a big f***ing deal over the possible new type?

#11RX02BansheePosted 5/17/2013 9:41:31 PM
>Spends years bashing series for not doing anything new

>bashes it for doing something new

Ah, delicious hypocrisy. Dude just stop your dumb gimmick of hating Pokemon and admit you love the series even more than folks like me already, you aren't fooling anybody. Tsunderes never fool anybody.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#12JacornonthecobPosted 5/17/2013 9:51:39 PM
Occams Razor says its fairy type. Otherwise the following would had to have happened:
1. Pokemon Smash goes out of its way to give us wrong information
OR
1. The type chart is rebalanced
OR
1. Sylveon is chosen to have a new ability that makes it weak to poison
2. Pokebeach was given a legitimate leak that has illegitimate parts thrown in just because why the hell not? This false part of the leak is reported by everyone who has been a reliable leaker in one capacity or another in the past.
3. Despite being based on a fairy, Sylveon is a flying/normal/whatever type.

So yeah, the evidence is against it.
#13InfernalDragon5Posted 5/17/2013 10:45:38 PM
Pokemon isnt a modern game until it does away with eugenics (IV breeding).
#14ArabianPenguinsPosted 5/17/2013 10:49:43 PM
You can't please everybody. Everyone has their own preferences. Just ignore them TC.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#15SilverSockPosted 5/17/2013 11:00:32 PM
Some of us welcome a new type, and probably even more are mostly indifferent. It's just the loudest part of the fanbase is the part that's in violent opposition (And overdone support for that matter, but as someone who would actually like a new type I'm a little biased in not minding them so much)
---
Help Wanted: New Sig
Post something funny, and be (temporarily) immortalized here!
#16KingMiniMoniPosted 5/18/2013 5:36:11 AM
There is no way that adding a new type could do anything but good for the series. This will finally give some of the lesser pokemon a chance to shine and some of the big overused pokemon could finally have some competition, resulting in a lot more variety. I would even welcome a second new type, like Light, which would make sense to me.
---
UMvC3: Captain America/Hulk/Iron Man
#17CakeOfLiesPosted 5/18/2013 5:40:54 AM
KingMiniMoni posted...
There is no way that adding a new type could do anything but good for the series. This will finally give some of the lesser pokemon a chance to shine and some of the big overused pokemon could finally have some competition, resulting in a lot more variety. I would even welcome a second new type, like Light, which would make sense to me.

How the heck would things like Beedrill have a chance to shine?

Adding a new type wouldn't add balance. Everything that sucks would still suck and everything that's fantastic would still be fantastic.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
#18KingMiniMoniPosted 5/18/2013 6:08:06 AM
Fairy type moves won't be exclusive to fairy type pokemon. You never know what kind of moves the fairy types bring with it.
---
UMvC3: Captain America/Hulk/Iron Man