This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is, in your opinion the hardest non hack game to Nuzlocke?

#1PirateKing290Posted 5/17/2013 8:33:25 PM(edited)
Which is the hardest Nuzlocke? - Results (61 votes)
Red/Blue/Green
8.2% (5 votes)
Yellow
6.56% (4 votes)
Gold/Silver
14.75% (9 votes)
Crystal
1.64% (1 votes)
Ruby/Sapphire
0% (0 votes)
Emerald
8.2% (5 votes)
Diamond/Pearl
13.11% (8 votes)
Platinum
19.67% (12 votes)
Black/White
3.28% (2 votes)
Black 2 /White 2
24.59% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Remakes and the originals go under the same category!

I've played at least 4-5 nuzlockes (cheating in most of them at least once, as much as I hate to admit) and had a really tough time with Platinum, being able to make it to the elite 4 and losing.

Been Nuzlocking again and I went back to platinum...and it's even harder than I remember (granted I am not breaking a single rule in this one, trying to make it my first 100% clean run), and I am a much better in game player then I was back then.

The Galatic Admin battles are ridiculous. Just got to Jupiter at the second gym town and she wiped 3 of my pokes with crit night slashes. Lost 2 to Purugly in the valley wind works. Lost my starter Monferno to Roserade from crit Magic Leaf at Gardena's gym (picked him cause there's like no fire types in Sinnoh. Didn't work out well at all :T). It's been so rough dude, the levels are pretty high.

I'd assume Second gen (non remakes) would be the easiest to do though, miltank aside.

Also haven't Nuzlocked non-hacked B/W or even played B/W2 so I don't know about them.
---
PSN: Weeeler
A strategic RPG where all your favorite characters compete in battle: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Binded_Battle/index/
#2scrappybristolPosted 5/17/2013 8:01:22 PM
Well B2/W2 has challenge mode so...
---
This sig is significant
#3Tai_Le_ReePosted 5/17/2013 8:02:12 PM
Fire Red/Leaf Green
Also you have to cheat some to get to mewtwo, however defeating mewtwo was worth it.
---
>Any Year
>Having hope for humanity
#4CornMoose2010Posted 5/17/2013 8:06:10 PM
PirateKing290 posted...
The Galatic Admin battles are ridiculous. Just got to Jupiter at the second gym town and she wiped 3 of my pokes with crit night slashes. Lost 2 to Purugly in the valley wind works.

I played through Platinum recently, and the entire Team Galactic was super-easy.
---
Rawbots: a multiplayer-heavy robot crafting sandbox on WiiU. Please fund on Kickstarter.
#5PirateKing290(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 8:08:31 PM
CornMoose2010 posted...
PirateKing290 posted...
The Galatic Admin battles are ridiculous. Just got to Jupiter at the second gym town and she wiped 3 of my pokes with crit night slashes. Lost 2 to Purugly in the valley wind works.

I played through Platinum recently, and the entire Team Galactic was super-easy.

Maybe if you grind like hell.

Also, we probably shouldn't count challenge mode since it obviously would be the hardest one.

Even then, unchallenged, B/W2's gym leaders only have 3 pokes each :|
---
A strategic RPG where all your favorite characters compete in battle: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Binded_Battle/index/
#6robinhoekPosted 5/17/2013 8:16:34 PM
Select the water type starter and give it surf and ice beam. Almost beats the game for you. My Painguin would not be denied.
#7PirateKing290(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 8:25:00 PM
robinhoek posted...
Select the water type starter and give it surf and ice beam. Almost beats the game for you. My Painguin would not be denied.

I don't know man, by the end Empoleon is probably the best Nuzlocke starter ever, but raising it is SUCH a pain.

Also, G/S has the most votes, would anyone justify why? as I recall the selection of Pokemon is good and the trainers are low leveled. What makes it any harder than Crystal?
---
#8calliebuddzzPosted 5/17/2013 8:29:43 PM
I voted Platinum, but then I realized that G/S/HG/SS would probably be the hardest considering you have to go through both Johto and Kanto. The remakes would probably be harder since the Kanto gym leaders are actually leveled properly.
#9Thepenguinking2Posted 5/17/2013 8:33:21 PM
Honestly, the only nuzlocke I did was a red randomizer one.
---
http://pokebot.everyboty.net/pix/217.jpg best picture to ever face the interwebs.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#10EstheimasterPosted 5/17/2013 8:35:51 PM
Cynthia's Garchomp of death, just sayin.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku