This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'll dive into this Sylveon type debacle

#1Brandon042487Posted 5/17/2013 8:06:37 PM
So what is this video about smash trying to figure out its type?
---
<(*-*)>
Official Gogoat of GameFAQs!
#2scrappybristolPosted 5/17/2013 8:09:50 PM
Why would you want to dive into such a shallow pool? You'll only hurt your head.
---
This sig is significant
#3JacornonthecobPosted 5/17/2013 8:11:33 PM(edited)
It's a video from Pokemon Smash where they try to figure out its type. The result is that poison is super effective against it. Since it was announced that its not the same type as any of its family (Leafeon), its a new type.
#4Brandon042487(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 8:22:45 PM
Could it be possible that gamefreak decided to do some rebalancing of the current types?

Unlikely but it is possible.
---
<(*-*)>
#5Arne83Posted 5/17/2013 8:24:27 PM
Or my favorite interpretation. It's just a comedy sketch and people are looking way to far into it.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#6NewMoonShadowPosted 5/17/2013 8:26:25 PM
Brandon042487 posted...
Could it be possible that gamefreak decided to do some rebalancing of the current types?

They've already set a precedence of not changing type Weaknesses and Strengths, but rather simply adding new Types in order to balance the game. They did this back in Gen 2 when they introduced Dark and Steel Type, no reason to think that isn't the plan now.
#7MagikarpRulesPosted 5/17/2013 8:28:36 PM
Arne83 posted...
Or my favorite interpretation. It's just a comedy sketch and people are looking way to far into it.

I'll suscribe to this theory too until it's proven otherwise.

If only Masuda confirmed or denied all of this, just so we can move on after the initial rage (there will be rage, wether Fairy type is confirmed or debunked, I am almost 100% sure of this).
#8Brandon042487(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 8:35:22 PM
My honest Opinion is that I think it is either Bug type or Flying type,

I really hope its a flying type due to it'd be the first non-legendary pure flying type in the game.

I lean towards Bug due to it's eyes being radically different than the others in it's line.

Again it can be flying because so far the evolutions are always apart of an enviromental state

Vaporeon = Sea or water environment
Jolteon = Plains or high energy environment
Flareon = Hot, Mountainous, volcanic
Umbreon = Lunar
Espeon = Solar
Glaceon = Cold tundra
Leafeon = Forest or jungle

It's quite possible the Sylveon could represent Air or the Flying type.
---
<(*-*)>
#9willingmessPosted 5/17/2013 8:37:28 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Brandon042487 posted...

They've already set a precedence of not changing type Weaknesses and Strengths, but rather simply adding new Types in order to balance the game. They did this back in Gen 2 when they introduced Dark and Steel Type, no reason to think that isn't the plan now.

They did a ton of type effectiveness stuff frome gen 1 to gen 2. Like for instance, they removed the Super Effectiveness of poison on bug types.
---
"To be, or not to be, that is the question..."
Maybe a bit overdone, but ehh....
#10Tai_Le_ReePosted 5/17/2013 9:23:59 PM
Brandon042487 posted...
My honest Opinion is that I think it is either Bug type or Flying type,

Not weak to poison, sorry. Weakness to poison is confirmed.
---
>Any Year
>Having hope for humanity