This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Fairy is to exist as a type, then it should be weak to Normal-type.

#1BlueGaryOakPosted 5/17/2013 10:46:01 PM
In folk/fairy-tales Dragons/beast are slain.

In these "Fairy" Tales, usually seemingly normal people take up extraordinary task.

So while a dragon may die in a fairy tale, the Fairy is useless without the average (normal-type) turned extraordinary hero saving the day.

Or they could be super, and weakness to Fighting-types works too.
---
Darkdragongirl's alt.
#2scrappybristolPosted 5/17/2013 10:48:17 PM
Peter Pan rules.

If any normal person says they don't believe in fairies in front of a fairy, it will die.
---
This sig is significant
#3fallenKlNGPosted 5/17/2013 10:51:18 PM
Maybe they could make fairy moves ineffective against Normal types, but I don't think it'd be a good idea to make Normal moves super effective against any type. There's just too many normal type moves; it would seriously cripple the fairy type imo.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#4ArmandoXIIIlPosted 5/17/2013 11:01:43 PM
fallenKlNG posted...
Maybe they could make fairy moves ineffective against Normal types, but I don't think it'd be a good idea to make Normal moves super effective against any type. There's just too many normal type moves; it would seriously cripple the fairy type imo.

This. Think of the move Return. A lot of PP, 100% accuracy, 102 base power at full friendship not counting STAB, zero drawbacks. It is distributed to every single Pokemon in the game that can learn TMs.

Fairy would become useless because every single dragon (or whatever type fairy is SE against or immune to) would learn return. If normal was super effective against a type, it would be a worse defensive type than ice.
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
None of us on this board are garbage! We are a GAMEFAQS, and we're darn proud of it! - MMX377
#5BlueGaryOak(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 11:38:58 PM
ArmandoXIIIl posted...
fallenKlNG posted...

This. Think of the move Return. A lot of PP, 100% accuracy, 102 base power at full friendship not counting STAB, zero drawbacks. It is distributed to every single Pokemon in the game that can learn TMs.

Fairy would become useless because every single dragon (or whatever type fairy is SE against or immune to) would learn return. If normal was super effective against a type, it would be a worse defensive type than ice.

Ah...right.

So, then weak to Fighting/ the hero of our tale.
---
Darkdragongirl's alt.
#6TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/17/2013 11:39:45 PM
What happened to ddg? :(
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#7Hydra_Gundam_Posted 5/17/2013 11:46:38 PM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...

Shes a Fairy theorist now. 8(
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#8BlueGaryOak(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 12:00:22 AM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...

I may of threatened the weaboo culture...cause that's a thing y'know?

Until then, I am merely a shell. So, I'll propagate the fairy conundrum on the boards. It is for fun, before I go to sleep, or during my lunch break.
---
Darkdragongirl's alt.
#9TherianReturnsPosted 5/18/2013 12:01:33 AM
TC, why do you impersonate DDG?
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. YouTube, Instagram and Twitter coming soon.
#10karasu009Posted 5/18/2013 12:12:22 AM
TherianReturns posted...
TC, why do you impersonate DDG?

It would be difficult to impersonate who I already am. It could always be worse though. I could be Fritz, but nay, that'd be far worse to be than to be nobody.
---
I am hell.