This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm glad they're keeping these legendaries designs simple.

#11FuneralCakePosted 5/18/2013 1:03:03 PM
The 6th gen legendaries are no more or less "over the top" or "over-complicated" than the 4th or 5th gen legendaries.

Ridiculous.
---
NO MORE HOME ROWED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD GIRL
so drag me down to the ocean floor, 'cause i don't wanna fight no more
#12MrTriggerKrazy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 1:03:45 PM
fuzi11 posted...
MrTriggerKrazy posted...
In my opinion the 4th gen legendaries were pushing it. Fifth gen ones I just flat out laughed at. I actually find myself really liking these ones though. I'm talking about the version mascot legendaries of course, not all legendaries per gen.

the gen V legendragons were quite awesome. but the kami trio and the muskedeers were all kind of stupid. victini was cute though and genesect is pretty me. not bad, but not amazing. meloetta is somehow stupid.

The dragons were the only ones I really didn't like. xD Along with the kami trio. But to each their own. The muskedeers weren't bad, I actually love Keldeo if he counts as one. Meloetta was meh. A little underwhelming but not bad.
---
PSN: KhaosKrazy---
Official Dante of the PSASBR board
#13JacornonthecobPosted 5/18/2013 1:04:29 PM
5th looked silly, but the 4th gen legendaries looked like straight up children's toys, like a Power Rangef bad guy ripoff.
#14hereforemnantPosted 5/18/2013 1:06:40 PM
el_tercer_poder posted...
hereforemnant posted...
Yeah i have to agree, the designs this time around actually look very nice. Reshiram and Zekrom looked okay to the point of when they fused them into Kyurem, then it just looked unbelievably terrible.

That's mostly because they are STILL incomplete.

Only time will tell if we'll get the complete thing by X/Y, or not...

They would've still looked like crap ha. Symmetry is all about one surface having a mirror image on the other side of it, if you try to have three different patterns on one surface, there is no symmetry because you can't have one match up to one, then have a third piece that doesn't fit in. If all three were combined, it would probably be ugly still and therefore asymmetric.
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
#15TyranidomegaPosted 5/18/2013 1:10:06 PM
hereforemnant posted...
hereforemnant posted...
Yeah i have to agree, the designs this time around actually look very nice. Reshiram and Zekrom looked okay to the point of when they fused them into Kyurem, then it just looked unbelievably terrible.

They would've still looked like crap ha. Symmetry is all about one surface having a mirror image on the other side of it, if you try to have three different patterns on one surface, there is no symmetry because you can't have one match up to one, then have a third piece that doesn't fit in. If all three were combined, it would probably be ugly still and therefore asymmetric.

But we don't know what the complete set looks like. You can't just assume it'll be a jumbled mess because of what both already look like when they combine with Kyurem simultaneously.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#16NekoHime64Posted 5/18/2013 1:11:24 PM
hereforemnant posted...

^ this.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#17hereforemnantPosted 5/18/2013 1:14:11 PM
Tyranidomega posted...
hereforemnant posted...
hereforemnant posted...

But we don't know what the complete set looks like. You can't just assume it'll be a jumbled mess because of what both already look like when they combine with Kyurem simultaneously.

This is going off of simple Symmetrical principles like scaling, reflection, and rotation. If all three are then in the same body, if they really are going to make it look like the true combined form, best i can imagine is that one Pokemon gets the upper body, second gets the lower-torso and legs, and the third gets the tail and wings.

It still doesn't look right because you would need to be able to tell that all three are combined, if it just shows parts from two of them, all three together would be impossible to demonstrate properly.
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
#18SirPikachuPosted 5/18/2013 1:19:20 PM
overmaxx posted...
I noticed a trend in terms of design since the beginning.

2D games
Gameboys had very limited pixel display capability, so the designs had to be simple and to the point.

Gameboy Advance systems had much better capabilities, this is where designs started to get more complex and take more liberties

The Nintendo DS reached massive capability when it came to 2D sprites, so designs went wild, with complex details and absurd things everywhere

Now, we move to 3D, and it's not high-grade next-gen 3D, it's just simple 3D.
What happens? The designs get simple again.
This can already be seen from all revealed Pokemon.

I never really noticed this, but it's so true! I loved gen 1 and 2 pokémon, like all of them, but I started disliking more and more after 3rd gen. But I LOVE 6th gen! So far, it's already my 3rd favorite gen.