This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Inkay and Malimar...

#1Strain42Posted 5/18/2013 5:49:45 PM
Okay, so I usually don't put much stock into these leaked rumors or whatever, but I'm looking through them right now, and the one that really raised my eyebrow was this one

A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimarís type is Dark/Psychic.

For starters, Malimar makes me giggle because last I checked, that's a yummy delicious snack treat, but what I find interesting is the mention that it evolves by flipping the 3DS upside down...

Because if you spell their names backwards you get Yakin and Ramilam...which do kinda sound like they'd be based on similar animals and could fit in the same family.

I'm confused about how the evolution here works though...

Do you just flip the 3DS over any time it levels up? Could you in theory have a Level 2 Malimar if you hold it upside down?

When you have to flip it? Does it have to be upside down right as it levels up, or at the end of the battle?

I know it's all a rumor, and not confirmed, and etc. etc. but right now I'm just curious about this.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#2SithMasterDKPosted 5/18/2013 7:12:34 PM
Yakni and Ramilam
Yal and Ram. Sounds legit to me.

As for the 3ds being flipped I can see that happening as a gimmicky deal (probably at level 20 and up.) The whole time I was reading your post tho I couldn't help but think that Hitmontop would change the way it evolves to this new method. This topics now has my stamp of approval.
#3javel34Posted 5/18/2013 7:14:56 PM
I'm hoping we can turn it upside when Diglet evolves, so we can watch the rest of him come out of the hole.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208
#4PaulMalucciMDPosted 5/18/2013 7:33:22 PM
Malimar kind of sounds like mal (bad) + calamari .
---
-Sent from one of my four iPads-
#5Strain42(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 8:16:03 PM
*Yakni

Just noticed that typo lol

but yeah, spelled backwards we get Yak and Ram in their names. Doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#6NeonDragon9000Posted 5/18/2013 8:18:26 PM
The rumors aren't very specific, but there is precedent for getting evolved Pokemon at Lv. 2 (you can get Roserade at Lv. 1, IIRC), so I'd imagine there is no specific time frame for doing so.

As for the actual evolution... You've always had that time frame where you press B to cancel, so I'd assume as long as you turn the 3DS over during that little animation window, it should count.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#7mralpha543Posted 5/18/2013 8:20:42 PM
9/11
Seems legit
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus. Third Version M 2/26/13
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.
#8teffyPosted 5/18/2013 8:21:27 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
The rumors aren't very specific, but there is precedent for getting evolved Pokemon at Lv. 2 (you can get Roserade at Lv. 1, IIRC), so I'd imagine there is no specific time frame for doing so.

As for the actual evolution... You've always had that time frame where you press B to cancel, so I'd assume as long as you turn the 3DS over during that little animation window, it should count.

Except the evolution won't happen unless the 3DS is upside-down, so WHEN DO YOU HOLD IT UPSIDE DOWN? It can't logically be during the evolution, as to trigger it your 3DS must be upside down.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#9LightningHawk90Posted 5/18/2013 10:16:43 PM
Is this supposed to be from the same dude who confirmed the English names as well?

and what happened to WPM not posting any more leaks?
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#10NightinanglePosted 5/18/2013 10:23:27 PM
Wheere was this rumor at?