This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you be in favor of X/Y retconning older evolutions?

#1NeonDragon9000Posted 5/18/2013 9:07:34 PM
NOTE: This will not happen, this isn't a rumor or anything like that.

Anyway, suppose X/Y retconned many older evolutions to work based around newer mechanics, such as proximity evolution.

Example: Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro when it hits Lv. 37 and there is a Shelder in the party. For Slowking, same process, except Slowpoke has to be holding a King's Rock.

That's probably the biggest one I can think of, but I'm sure there are others.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#2LexifoxPosted 5/18/2013 9:08:29 PM
It depends on how readily we can find the Pokemon needed to enable those evolutions.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3NeonDragon9000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 9:10:42 PM
Oh yeah, let's suppose Nidoran is also retconned into a single Pokemon, with gender variations. From there, Nidorino and Nidorina evolve the same way.
---
#4RethalwolfPosted 5/18/2013 9:12:09 PM
I'd like it. I don't know all of what I'd use it on, though. Maybe Gardevoir being female-only, except if she was caught or transferred that way. Same thing with a couple others similar to that.
Other than that I don't really know what I'd use it for but I'd definitely like it better, makes them sort of follow the intended stipulations put in place in the pokedex and also in the show (from the one episode I remember of Slowpoke's evolution).

Also I would create a slow-whatever evolution with Cloyster being required.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#5M4nnimalPosted 5/18/2013 9:14:08 PM
I wish they did this in Gen IV with Frosslass and Gallade. Cut the Dawn Stone, and make it solely gender-based.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."
#6LexifoxPosted 5/18/2013 9:15:55 PM
M4nnimal posted...
I wish they did this in Gen IV with Frosslass and Gallade. Cut the Dawn Stone, and make it solely gender-based.

Why?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7H-L-WPosted 5/18/2013 9:19:34 PM
I'd like for them to retcon Nidorina and Nidoqueen's inability to breed. Slightly off-topic but whatever
---
Pokemon Black Version FC: 1506 5124 1112
#8reaverzPosted 5/18/2013 9:21:53 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Oh yeah, let's suppose Nidoran is also retconned into a single Pokemon, with gender variations. From there, Nidorino and Nidorina evolve the same way.

This is not possible because of the varying base stats and move pools.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#9NeonDragon9000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 9:23:06 PM
reaverz posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...

Yeah, I realize that, but I'm sure they'd make it work somehow. They could always change gender variations to be more in-depth.

Just a hypothetical that won't happen.
---
#10TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/18/2013 9:27:40 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
reaverz posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...

Yeah, I realize that, but I'm sure they'd make it work somehow. They could always change gender variations to be more in-depth.

Just a hypothetical that won't happen.

It would also set the entire dex backwards by one, for no reason. It would destroy many current databases
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..