This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you be in favor of X/Y retconning older evolutions?

#11PreedRevePosted 5/18/2013 9:30:57 PM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
reaverz posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Oh yeah, let's suppose Nidoran is also retconned into a single Pokemon, with gender variations. From there, Nidorino and Nidorina evolve the same way.

This is not possible because of the varying base stats and move pools.

Yeah, I realize that, but I'm sure they'd make it work somehow. They could always change gender variations to be more in-depth.

Just a hypothetical that won't happen.

It would also set the entire dex backwards by one, for no reason. It would destroy many current databases

LET'S DESTROY THE OLD POKEDEX AND BURN THE WORLD DOWN! :D
#12PreedRevePosted 5/18/2013 9:33:36 PM
...Also, Slowpoke + Shellder would kind of be lame, I would loose two to gain one.
Not to mention, how would you determine where the Shellder would attach its self to, the head or tail? >A>
#13NeonDragon9000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 9:38:07 PM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
reaverz posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Oh yeah, let's suppose Nidoran is also retconned into a single Pokemon, with gender variations. From there, Nidorino and Nidorina evolve the same way.

This is not possible because of the varying base stats and move pools.

Yeah, I realize that, but I'm sure they'd make it work somehow. They could always change gender variations to be more in-depth.

Just a hypothetical that won't happen.

It would also set the entire dex backwards by one, for no reason. It would destroy many current databases

I'm actually in favor of a massively reorganized Pokedex that organizes Pokemon first by type (alphabetically), then by family (base forms, Stage 1, Stage 2) alphabetically. I understand the game logic for the order (discovery order, etc.) but it just looks really messy.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#14mnkboy907Posted 5/18/2013 9:48:27 PM
I wouldn't be against changing the level of evolution for some of the late game Gen V Pokemon. Mienfoo, Pawniard, Rufflet, and Vullaby kinda feel doomed to always be late game Pokemon based on how late they evolve.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ua00T9H.gif
http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png - Number of people that D'awwed: 75