This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I find it hard to think of possible DLCs for this game (if there will be any)

#1Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/19/2013 6:34:34 AM
-New Pokemon: Doubt this. If they're legendaries, this deserves complain because we have had a lot of event only legendaries distributed free all the time. "Not programmed yet" can't be an excuse either, unless there are already 50 free legendaries (which is then another can of worms)

-New Area/Battle Facility: Sounds like too big and too important to not include in the first place. Considering how existing RPGs already play around with DLC (notably Gates to Infinity and Fire Emblem), you will have to talk to an NPC that transfers you to the new area. Would be awkward if you talk and get teleported to a whole region or something, imo

-New Items: Again, DLC stages so far for existing games provide "convenience", in the form of easy money/experience/something. Lucky Egg, Amulet Coin, etc are already in the game (they have to be)

-New Cameo Battles: No. Introducing PWT right before this and suddenly charging us to fight Legacy Characters deserve boycotting

Available options left that i can think of are lame like "Battle X (an NPC) to get 10 Rare Candies. Can be repeated as many times as possible"
Any GOOD ideas? I'd actually say "Just no DLC" for this one, as much as i'm starting to support it
#2gren-aidPosted 5/19/2013 6:37:16 AM
New areas like the Sevii islands could work. As long as it's not on-disc dlc then I have no problem with it.
---
'When thou enterest into Oblivion, Oblivion entereth into thee.' -- Nai Tyrol-Llar
#3Binba442Posted 5/19/2013 6:37:23 AM
A little island with a small story? With extra Tms and gyms? Like the orange islands, but not an anime series.
#4sumuthergamerPosted 5/19/2013 6:40:35 AM
I don't see the problem with the New Area/Battle Facility. Why doesnit have to be teleportation? An NPC could take you to a new area by boat/train/plane. Imagine a DLC adding a flight from Skyla's airport to take you to a new area or small region. And it could be filled with random gen 1-5 Pokemon.
---
sumuthergamer = some other gamer. Get it?
Call me "gamer", not "sumu"...
#5Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 6:42:51 AM
I suddenly thought of special mini areas made for farming berries or certain rare Pokemon/item (not legendary). Actually sounds legit enough, yea

These have to really scream "EXTRA" though. Maybe a whole new island that has all fossil Pokemon or specific species (actually this sounds pretty useless but possible)

I also forgot about DLC outfits, which almost a guarantee. It better have something else tied to it though, not just "Pay $3 for bikini"
#6gren-aidPosted 5/19/2013 6:44:08 AM(edited)
What about a new story, which takes place in the same region but introduces new characters. Maybe new items/tms as well?

Or a breeding centre where you can buy starter Pokemon?
---
'When thou enterest into Oblivion, Oblivion entereth into thee.' -- Nai Tyrol-Llar
#7Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 6:49:56 AM(edited)
gren-aid posted...
What about a new story, which takes place in the same region but introduces new characters. Maybe new items/tms as well?

New story seems like too much, unless it's really unrelated. So far accessing DLCs have been through talking to an NPC or some portal, such that they're extra enough as to not tie into the main setting

sumuthergamer posted...
I don't see the problem with the New Area/Battle Facility. Why doesnit have to be teleportation? An NPC could take you to a new area by boat/train/plane. Imagine a DLC adding a flight from Skyla's airport to take you to a new area or small region. And it could be filled with random gen 1-5 Pokemon.

I have a mixed feeling on this. For one, this is as legit for Gfreak to do as "releasing third version with extra content" that we've had so far. On the other, that alone has been flamed a lot by fans, saying that they release "beta versions" on purpose and the real gen game on the advertised "3rd version". This makes it feel like.. They could just implement it in the game already, or just release a 3rd version altogether with these things better implemented than just random transport after an NPC talk
#8GoGoatPosted 5/19/2013 6:48:35 AM
I've a distaste for DLC in genera, due to the way its been abused, but I only have 3 things specifically I would not like to see:

1) New pokémon. Introduces a very awkward situation for multiplayer.
2) Series staples like the Battle Facilities, unless its introduced later in the generation for the same region, and the DLC is for adding it to the previous games.
3) Day one DLC. This is the one that really makes me hate the concept: by releasing DLC on release day, you may as well admit you took resources/workers that could have been spared for the actual game and moved them to work on a piece that has been chopped off for the sake of shameless money grubbing. DLC that comes later, down the line, I'm ok with.
---
"You forgot to turn off the immersion?!"
#9NightinanglePosted 5/19/2013 6:49:51 AM
Maybe they make it impossible to trade from backwards (NOOO) and the dlc is one for two months, and it is Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, andUnova, so we can complete the pokedex. (but it takes 10 months and they get out money for it.)
#10Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 6:53:02 AM
GoGoat posted...
I've a distaste for DLC in genera, due to the way its been abused, but I only have 3 things specifically I would not like to see:

1) New pokémon. Introduces a very awkward situation for multiplayer.
2) Series staples like the Battle Facilities, unless its introduced later in the generation for the same region, and the DLC is for adding it to the previous games.
3) Day one DLC. This is the one that really makes me hate the concept: by releasing DLC on release day, you may as well admit you took resources/workers that could have been spared for the actual game and moved them to work on a piece that has been chopped off for the sake of shameless money grubbing. DLC that comes later, down the line, I'm ok with.

This. Although point 2 sounds weird, because this would mean they have to release it after "3rd version" is out, or otherwise they'd undermine the freshness of the 3rd version. One thing i know they've been doing is to ignore the first 2 main versions after the 3rd's out, so yea.

Otherwise, i agree with these^
i'm all for DLC but these