This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I find it hard to think of possible DLCs for this game (if there will be any)

#21GoGoatPosted 5/19/2013 7:28:28 AM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...

Only when they're good though, like the worthy FE:A ones. I don't bother with any for Gates to Infinity

I will admit, FE:A is the first game I've ever considered buying DLC for...I've never been so addicted to one game before, except maybe pokemon ._.
---
"You forgot to turn off the immersion?!"
#22Ku-Ri-Boh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 7:32:04 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Serebii from SPP posted...
Masuda is against paid DLC. If there's any, it'll all be free and unlikely to be massively substantial

In my view it'll be the inclusion of forms introduced in the later games, into the older ones, and the inclusion of Mythical Pokémon later on.

That said, Pokémon has been spearheading DLC for a while with event Pokémon, C-Gear skins etc. It'll just continue that

New formes for the earlier versions sound pretty good. You still have to pay for both (either buy 3rd version or pay much less to have them in first versions) so that sounds good

The "unlikely to be massively substantial" is exactly why I can't think of DLCs they'll introduce that will even be worth it. Selling completely pointless things is foolish too

Or it be a DLC patch that is required to go online after it's introduced. I don't see why it would have to be paid.

Ala MK7? "3rd version(s)" better be really good and different enough this gen..
#23ChrnoDstroyer12Posted 5/19/2013 7:43:01 AM
I would really only pay for 1 type of DLC.

New areas with a ton of not easily obtained Pokemon. Like an island where you can catch all the starter Pokemon, or maybe a dungeon with some themed Pokemon and then at the end is a legendary like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. The event only Pokemon.
#24scraadinPosted 5/19/2013 8:02:55 AM
Nightinangle posted...
Maybe they make it impossible to trade from backwards (NOOO) and the dlc is one for two months, and it is Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, andUnova, so we can complete the pokedex. (but it takes 10 months and they get out money for it.)

That doesn't work at all. They'd have to essentially rebuild five games, and they'd be highly limited in release? Not going to happen.
---
The answer to "Why not?" is always Wobbuffet.
#25RaikuroPosted 5/19/2013 11:28:59 AM
I'd rather pay a couple dollars for the events instead of having to drive to some gamestop during a very limited time frame to get "free" stuff.
#26NightinanglePosted 5/19/2013 11:32:39 AM
scraadin posted...
Nightinangle posted...
Maybe they make it impossible to trade from backwards (NOOO) and the dlc is one for two months, and it is Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, andUnova, so we can complete the pokedex. (but it takes 10 months and they get out money for it.)

That doesn't work at all. They'd have to essentially rebuild five games, and they'd be highly limited in release? Not going to happen.

They wouldn't have to worr about the designs, it is all made, and the mechanics are already built in, just needs an expansion, which they could have started on, since pokemon from all regions are in Kalos....
#27MagikarpRulesPosted 5/19/2013 11:48:49 AM
Raikuro posted...
I'd rather pay a couple dollars for the events instead of having to drive to some gamestop during a very limited time frame to get "free" stuff.

I'd rather they stick to make all upcomimg events distributed via Wi-Fi for free (like the majority of events for Gen 5).
#28trewerdPosted 5/19/2013 12:56:32 PM
Special costumes for the characters to wear.
We already know you can get new clothes sometime in the game, so having special DLC outfits isn't farfetch'd
---
I like English dubs.