This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ACTUAL worst champion poll. (NO JOKE ANSWERS.)

#91M4nnimalPosted 5/20/2013 5:48:39 PM
hereforemnant posted...
M4nnimal posted...
hereforemnant posted...
Why the hell is Alder not winning?!

Alder was a fantastic Champion.

I disagree, i think him a cocky annoying buffoon. Never did i dislike a champion as much as i dislike him. He isn't interesting in any way, he simply pops up and then annoys you with his "I'm going to give you a deep speech on what it means to be a champion" when more often than not you aren't five years old and actually know what you're doing. He wastes time, and has no mystique or intrigue to him. He's just an old man that would rather bug you than care for his real son. Oops did i just say that?

His real son isn't shown in any of the games, Benga is his grandson. Also, Alder never came off as cocky, at all. He was completely modest, more so than most of the other Champions. He was genuinely happy when he lost to you.

As well, he never tells you "what it means to be a champion". In fact, he often says that he respects your decisions and goals no matter what, even if they're contradictory to his own beliefs. The only principle that he tries to drive in is that building a strong relationship with your Pokemon is important.

Also, his relationship with Cheren contributes to one of the more dynamic characters in Pokemon. All of this being my opinion, of course.
---
"We thirsted for thunderbolts and great deeds."
#92zinformantPosted 5/20/2013 5:56:35 PM
I'm baffled that folks like Steven but not Wallace. Wallace beat Steven for his spot.

I voted Iris. She had the best battle theme but little else in her favor relative to the others. Still, all of them are 'doers'; none of them are outright bad.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#93hereforemnantPosted 5/20/2013 5:57:19 PM
M4nnimal posted...
hereforemnant posted...
M4nnimal posted...
hereforemnant posted...

I disagree, i think him a cocky annoying buffoon. Never did i dislike a champion as much as i dislike him. He isn't interesting in any way, he simply pops up and then annoys you with his "I'm going to give you a deep speech on what it means to be a champion" when more often than not you aren't five years old and actually know what you're doing. He wastes time, and has no mystique or intrigue to him. He's just an old man that would rather bug you than care for his real son. Oops did i just say that?

His real son isn't shown in any of the games, Benga is his grandson. Also, Alder never came off as cocky, at all. He was completely modest, more so than most of the other Champions. He was genuinely happy when he lost to you.

As well, he never tells you "what it means to be a champion". In fact, he often says that he respects your decisions and goals no matter what, even if they're contradictory to his own beliefs. The only principle that he tries to drive in is that building a strong relationship with your Pokemon is important.

Also, his relationship with Cheren contributes to one of the more dynamic characters in Pokemon. All of this being my opinion, of course.

I respect what you say, but i personally just don't like him. After playing nearly every single Pokemon game since Yellow, it's getting old hearing him say the stuff i've known since Gold and Silver when i was becoming able to understand more of the deeper motifs, now he's just a rambling old man to me.

I personally don't put much stock into the 'i'm a deeper more dynamic' story character thing either since Pokemon isn't something you play for the story per say, more of the adventure and fun. But it has to have something like it to drive the plot forward. Like the saying "Walking in a story gives the illusion that the plot is moving forward."

But yeah Benga my clarification mistake.
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
#94BrightStar7Posted 5/20/2013 6:05:24 PM
I still don't get why Wallace gets so much hate. I used to think it was because he was bishie and fabulous but I really I think its because he got rid of the fanboy fave Steven. Dunno why people would be upset over this since Steven status actually increased since he became the secret battle at the end.

Point is, Wallace is not even close to being the worse Champion. His Milotic was pain in the ass. And I found Steven no more challenging. They were equal (which was kind of the point). Lance is by FAR the worst Champion, if you go purely on teams. His GSC team was a disgrace. And, every single one of his Pokémon in HGSS had a 4x weakness. Thats as poor as it gets. So he actually got worse!
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#95zinformantPosted 5/20/2013 6:09:41 PM
Lance, in person, helps take town TR. That has to be worth something.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#96wind64aPosted 5/20/2013 6:17:07 PM
zinformant posted...
I'm baffled that folks like Steven but not Wallace. Wallace beat Steven for his spot.

I voted Iris. She had the best battle theme but little else in her favor relative to the others. Still, all of them are 'doers'; none of them are outright bad.

The problem is that his win lacks believability. Cradilly alone should have been able to sweep Wallace's entire team. It's also a matter of personality and sense of style. Steven has a more serious and businesslike style, while Wallace has a much more showy and flamboyant one.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#97sonicfanaticjtbPosted 5/20/2013 6:27:33 PM
M4nnimal posted...
hereforemnant posted...

He wasn't to bad. My main problem with him is that you faced him during the post game and just wasn't very memorable. He also suffers from having to follow a very, very tough act (Cynthia )

Had he been fought before the post game and didn't have such a tough act to follow, he'd probably be a bit better off.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#98Chaos_MissilePosted 5/20/2013 6:43:15 PM
Kitschgardener posted...
Lexifox posted...
Iris's outfit actually draws inspiration from Shinto priestess garb.

Yes, because "Shinto priestess" is the first thing I think of when I look at her.

Maybe not. but it would be for the Japanese or anyone who's fairly savvy about anime or manga, where they're portrayed often. In the same way Darmanitan becomes another "fire monkey" to people (instead of a burning daruma doll), so Iris' miko garb, reminiscent of Alder's traditional dress, becomes one befitting "a pink frilly princess", a person of rank rather than of humility.

I'm pretty savvy about anime and manga, realised Darmanitan's inspiration based on a Daruma doll on its first reveal (the JP name and Zen/Daruma Mode helped immensely) and even I thought of a Princess outfit the first time I saw Iris in her champion outfit.

Didnt help that she decided to add a crown to it, which I think is the cause of the confusion.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#99dadkwasherePosted 5/20/2013 6:46:26 PM
Wallace was completely random when revealed as champ.
---
Alright, MGS5!!! Ready for some more action, snake?
"Time to do some wetwork...and find political solutions. TASTY."
#100Grand_BluePosted 5/20/2013 6:56:13 PM
People shouldn't hate Wallace because he uses water Pokemon. If you used a strong grass or electric Pokemon or the level 70 Rayquaza to beat all his Pokemon easily then you are stupid because you intentionally made Wallace easy and use that to put hate on him.

Alder is the worst because he's such a sissy.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.