This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Evolutions for old pokemon

#11VIIVincentPosted 5/19/2013 8:06:39 PM
no one should ever get a 4th evolution. just how fatter do you want your mons?

Electivire, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Magmortar and Togekiss?!
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#12paiprPosted 5/19/2013 8:08:21 PM
Raikuro posted...
Pre-evos are just pointless. I know they were originally introduced to get hype for the breeding mechanic, but at this point the only reason any pre-evos should be introduced is if they are also part of a branching evolution chain.

several years ago id agree, but for some pokemon that are single stagers that have pretty solid stats a prevo offers a chance to get that line early and earn the stronger form. that said roselia is the best example of what should happen with a prevo, it should be one of two new pokemon made in the same line. it should evolve into an old pokemon and then evolve into another new pokemon.

id gladly take a prevo and evo for

absol
tropious
stunfisk
torkoal
heatmor
girafarig
druddigon
---
am i the only person that whishes game faqs offered the option to cut peoples comments from you topics?
#13IngSlayerPosted 5/19/2013 8:09:58 PM
Raikuro posted...
Pre-evos are just pointless. I know they were originally introduced to get hype for the breeding mechanic, but at this point the only reason any pre-evos should be introduced is if they are also part of a branching evolution chain.

I don't care.

I just want Kangaskhan (however you spell it) to have a pre-evo; and let it be male. (Or at least a male variation)
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#14mada7Posted 5/19/2013 8:16:12 PM
Raikuro posted...

Agreed. Having so many pre-evolutions really detracted from gen 4 for me. Gen 2 had a similar problem with its pokedex but needed something to tie it to previous games and was meant to show off the breeding system. Gen 3 handled pre-evolutions the best it had only 2 and one was given to you as a gift and was never seen on trainers. A couple per gen is fine but no more than 2 per game or you risk having too many useless pokemon in the pokedex
---
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
#15CharizardFirePosted 5/19/2013 8:18:02 PM
Raikuro posted...

I don't care.

I just want Kangaskhan (however you spell it) to have a pre-evo; and let it be male. (Or at least a male variation)

This.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif