This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, think we'll have another generation of high evolution requirements?

#11DarkFists(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 1:27:39 PM
WiiareVenom posted...
I was wondering the same thing the other day. I just hope that if there are, there weaker forms don't have abilities that lower their accuracy...Looking at you, Deino<.<

Deino was the worst, which is why I had to mention it in my opening post haha...

As long as not all of the cool pokemon level like Deino, I think that all is good.
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#12DarkDragon386Posted 5/20/2013 1:39:16 PM
Vanillite --> Vanillish (lv. 35) --> Vanilluxe (lv. 47)
Axew --> Fraxure (lv. 38) --> Haxorus (lv. 48)
Meinfoo --> Meinshao (lv. 50)
Pawniard --> Bisharp (lv. 52)
Rufflet --> Braviary (lv. 54)
Vullaby --> Mandibuzz (lv. 54)
Dieno --> Zweillous (lv. 50) --> Hydreigon (lv. 64)
Larvesta --> Volcarona (lv. 59)

Those are a little insane.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#13DarkFists(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 1:46:35 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
Vanillite --> Vanillish (lv. 35) --> Vanilluxe (lv. 47)
Axew --> Fraxure (lv. 38) --> Haxorus (lv. 48)
Meinfoo --> Meinshao (lv. 50)
Pawniard --> Bisharp (lv. 52)
Rufflet --> Braviary (lv. 54)
Vullaby --> Mandibuzz (lv. 54)
Dieno --> Zweillous (lv. 50) --> Hydreigon (lv. 64)
Larvesta --> Volcarona (lv. 59)

Those are a little insane.

Yeah...I get that most of those pokemon are strong, but...
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#14Balamb00Posted 5/20/2013 2:03:46 PM
I think the direction Gen 5 took is promising and was something they were experimenting with. And I hope they do continue it. After the initial elite four challenge there is always quite a bit more to explore. So, for me, after defeating the elite four, I get the urge to train new Pokemon. Otherwise I'm stuck growing my old Pokemon to insane levels without the possibility of new moves or further evolution. Therefore it becomes the same old tedious battles against random trainers until you're, well, bored. And in older games, if you wished to train a new team or a few extra Pokemon you quickly leveled your new Pokemon up to Level, say 36, and viola their final evolution and an extenuating training regiment to get them to match your old Pokemon levels. Again, with no further progression but to boost their EVs.

With Gen 5, you had the opportunity to proceed through post game with new Pokemon that evolved at higher levels and was a bit more of a reward for reaching said level.

I wish they do bring this back, with say, a couple more final evolutions within their mid 60s. Post game only Pokemon that add to the experience. Of course their pre evos would have to be a bit stronger than normal.
#15CharizardFirePosted 5/20/2013 5:58:05 PM
Please don't.

I don't particularly mind Level 50-55 requirements for pseudo-legendaries (for the second evolution), but anything higher results in way too much of a time sink when completing the PokÚdex.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif