This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Voltorb is not a uncreative design.

#61Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/19/2013 11:38:53 PM
Lexifox posted...
Honestly I think that YGO is just a silly game all around, but k.

See, that's the problem, you let your bias cloud your judgement in my opinion.

Where as I like both series, but it was still a douche move in my honest opinion.

There's a reason why certain words can't have lawsuits generally filed against them as they are to expansive and used in large amounts of series and more (or lack of many better words don't tend to exists)

Which is why I'm harping on MtG for this.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#62LexifoxPosted 5/19/2013 11:41:20 PM
Bias? I played YGO all the time.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#63Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/19/2013 11:44:12 PM
Lexifox posted...
Bias? I played YGO all the time.

That doesn't mean you can't have bias.

For instance, I played both, and I still have some bias against MtG regarding that specific event. That doesn't mean I prefer Yugioh but when talking about bad judgement calls, and the like. This is one of those things I certainly think was one of them, because like I made mention of Magic is an expansive term, similar to Dragon (hence why D&D has never tried anything so silly against other companies regardless of how they incorporate them into the game.)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#64LexifoxPosted 5/19/2013 11:44:49 PM
My bias is that YGO was an incredibly broken and flawed game, thus it is "silly". That's the extent of my bias. You ascribe a malice that I do not have.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#65Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/19/2013 11:47:17 PM(edited)
Lexifox posted...
My bias is that YGO was an incredibly broken and flawed game, thus it is "silly". That's the extent of my bias. You ascribe a malice that I do not have.

Yugioh was broken prior to the ban card list, but considering MtG has turn 1 KOs that still haven't seen a ban list, I can tell you with certainty MtG is far more broken. Don't even get me started on turn 2/3 Mana Ramp monsters with Protection from everything. Dear god, that is ridiculous.

Post ban list, Yugioh became far more balanced.
---
#66LexifoxPosted 5/19/2013 11:48:54 PM
YGO did need the ban list, and a way to make 85% of the cards actually useful, and it's certainly more balanced now, but MTG is still the better balanced game.
---
#67Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/19/2013 11:55:16 PM
Lexifox posted...
YGO did need the ban list, and a way to make 85% of the cards actually useful, and it's certainly more balanced now, but MTG is still the better balanced game.

I don't see how MtG is more balanced, :

-You have decks that can 1 Turn win.

All 1tKO in Yugioh have pretty much been prevented through ban or otherwise. Barring the rare: Blackwing 1tKO which requires a set of specific cards to be in hand, and even then isn't likely to happen. (If you aren't a total moron of course)

-You have creatures with protection from everything with 10/10 at start of turn 2:

That literally means you've pretty much won as soon as it is out, unless you can cancel it prior to it dropping on the field.

There is nothing that is that powerful in Yugioh, at least not without requiring over 10+ cards to make it able to stop everything in it's tracks.

-The Ban lists should be way longer.

seriously, When you compare cards like Pot of Greed is banned in Yugioh compared to say (can't remember the name) 1 blue for three cards instantly...

Just what the hell were the creators thinking?
---
#68LexifoxPosted 5/20/2013 12:33:33 AM
Pot of Greed is "free". Ancestral Recall at least had a cost attached to it (and a larger deck size meant you'd be getting a larger percentage, etc.).

That said, you ARE aware Magic has ban lists, right? There are formats and ban/restriction lists and everything. They'll even step in when certain formats are clearly too powerful (see; Affinity).
---