This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mew is the genetic precursor to all pokemon?

#1NightinanglePosted 5/19/2013 9:33:34 PM
<---Cheerleader who is not native to English.

Please. What does this mean?
#2Arne83Posted 5/19/2013 9:35:06 PM
All pokemon are genetic descendants of Mews.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#3LexifoxPosted 5/19/2013 9:35:26 PM
It's just a rumor. The Pokedex says that Mew is thought to have the DNA of all Pokemon, so some people think that Mew is one of the first Pokemon. A great-great-great-etc. grandparent, if you will.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4Nightinangle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 9:36:47 PM
Oh, okay thank you guys. how would the all look so different to him? O.O
#5Gray_AreasPosted 5/19/2013 9:37:14 PM
It means all of the currently living Pokemon can trace their evolutionary roots back to Mew (who I assume came straight from Arceus). As what Pokemon do when they "evolve" is more like metamorphosis, one can only assume that the world of Pokemon has evolution in its actually sense. That is why there are fossilized species of extinct Pokemon. But apparently those ALL branch from Mew somehow or another.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/19/2013 9:39:16 PM
Nightinangle posted...

Because Mew along with every living organism is made of multiple strands of DNA, mess with a few or evolve a few and you get mass differences.

Look at Mewtwo for an obvious example. Taller, "malformed.", bulky, etc.

My personal belief is that since Mew is the genetic blueprint for all Pokemon, most of them evolved into the other types over time, therefore making general Mews rare to the point of extinction (See how it is now considered a mirage because of how rare it is?)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#7Tai_Le_ReePosted 5/19/2013 9:39:49 PM
Gray_Areas posted...
It means all of the currently living Pokemon can trace their evolutionary roots back to Mew (who I assume came straight from Arceus). As what Pokemon do when they "evolve" is more like metamorphosis, one can only assume that the world of Pokemon has evolution in its actually sense. That is why there are fossilized species of extinct Pokemon. But apparently those ALL branch from Mew somehow or another.

Remember extinct pokemon are all just endangered.
---
>Any Year
>Trusting anyone
#8Arne83Posted 5/19/2013 9:41:23 PM
Nightinangle posted...

Evolution. Not Pokemon evolution, actual evolution. Slight changes with each new generation, billions of years pass and you got something that looks completely different.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#9Nightinangle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 9:42:41 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Nightinangle posted...

Because Mew along with every living organism is made of multiple strands of DNA, mess with a few or evolve a few and you get mass differences.

My personal belief is that since Mew is the genetic blueprint for all Pokemon, most of them evolved into the other types over time, therefore making general Mews rare to the point of extinction (See how it is now considered a mirage because of how rare it is?)

Oh, yeah okay that makes sense! I remember this stuff now. Thank you.
#10Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/19/2013 9:44:21 PM
Nightinangle posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Nightinangle posted...

Oh, yeah okay that makes sense! I remember this stuff now. Thank you.

Keep in mind what I said (in the case of Mew evolving into them over time like natural evolution) is more speculation based on real science than anything. So take it worth a grain of salt unless the creators step forward and clarify.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.