This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak needs to create another creature-themed game series Y/N

#1FeatherinePosted 5/19/2013 10:49:10 PM
Does Gamefreak (Pokemon creators) need to create another creature-based game series in the future to compensate for Pokemon? - Results (53 votes)
Yes; I agree with them creating this new game while the Pokemon series is still going on
18.87% (10 votes)
Yes; I agree with them creating this new game after Pokemon is declared finished
5.66% (3 votes)
No; I do not agree with them creating this new game while the Pokemon series is still going on
39.62% (21 votes)
No; I do not agree with them creating such a thing at all
35.85% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
We all know everything's destined to die, including Pokemon. Who knows where it might be ten-twenty years from now?

So to keep things fresh and perhaps innovative, it's possible Gamefreak could develop another creature-themed game series with different aspects, such as creatures used, the battle system, and development/language. Making a new game series gives Gamefreak developers a chance to play outside the usual formula limits that the regular Pokemon series imposes (evil teams, limited storytelling, etc.).

Since the possibility of this exists, would you agree with this development? Reasons why would be great too, since I'm legitimately curious about this. The variation in the poll is a matter of timing.
#2scrappybristolPosted 5/19/2013 10:51:01 PM
No. Everyone would just think its a Pokemon wannabe and if you already have the best catch and train monster game in existence, why would you want to make another?
---
This sig is significant
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/19/2013 10:53:17 PM
scrappybristol posted...
No. Everyone would just think its a Pokemon wannabe and if you already have the best catch and train monster game in existence, why would you want to make another?

This.

Although don't get me wrong, I like more options, but Pokemon would outcompetition Game Freaks new idea, and that wouldn't be promising for a series to live.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4Featherine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 11:03:38 PM
So far out of nine votes, we got 2 total "yes's," and seven total "no's." Hahahaha, interesting. Didn't think it'd be so one-sided so fast. Continue on, by all means.
#5trewerdPosted 5/20/2013 12:01:04 AM
GameFreak needs to make a sequel to Drill Dozer.
---
I like English dubs.
#6FuneralCakePosted 5/20/2013 12:03:38 AM
I don't think it would be good for Game Freak to make another monster game. It would inevitably end up hurting Pokemon more than helping it. Any creativity they may have with the new series might take away from making Pokemon any good.

If another company wants to try it out, sure, but not Game Freak.

trewerd posted...

Yes. Yes, they do.
---
me kara BIIMU / mimi kara MISAIRU / kimi ni TEREPASHII / tsutaete HAATO
http://i.imgur.com/04EBjgs.gif
#7legendxofxskyPosted 5/20/2013 12:21:06 AM
I say NO to both options....

Reasons:

1) if they made a game while pokemon is ongoing, they will have to divert less time into pokemon which can do a multitude of options:
A) longer wait times for a game to be released.
B) have to "short" the story/plot to make deadlines.
C) game can turn up "weak" and have a broad negitive appeal over time.
D) etc....

2) if pokemon quit, and another game was starting, it would cause the multitiudes of the following:
A) people would compare the mechanics of pokemon to ______, and thus making an assumption of whether or not to buy, or other sceraios.
B) declare it a pokemon "spin-off", based off of other identical machanics pokemon has/had during its generation. Thus rasing down appeal to the game which will obviously hit GF's bottomline harshly.
C) people get pissed off at gamefreak for even considering "replacing" pokemon with something else, which would lose many loyal customers and future customers, and lead to negitive reviews by locals thus making it harder to sell games to the general public due to "bad reputation" or other sorts of means.
D) etc....

GF will probably never consider it, at least for a LONG time, because they wouldn't spoil a big fanbase, or THE biggest fanbase they currently have.

But, if they do decide to, they better prioritize pokemon because any company you know, you can ask them "what matters the most?", and it will always be one answer, the bottom-line. Most likely if they take this initiative, they will most likely hire workers/3rd parties to build the game for GameFreak.
#8soboctreborPosted 5/20/2013 12:23:13 AM
trewerd posted...

And Harmoknight.
---
Hoenn confirmed.
#9radred2004Posted 5/20/2013 2:30:34 AM
They could make a pokemon spinoff series with objects as pokemon instead of animals. That would be interesting. The starters could be a fire hydrant, a microwave, and a small home plant.
---
White: Daisy 1550 0892 3564 Gold: Gold 3268 1023 8138