This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

most hilarious rumours you have heard about in-game events

#1Genericgamer667Posted 5/20/2013 6:03:30 PM
i'm talking about events like the mew/truck or deoxys space center events

my favorite is that you could fight the trick master in r/s/e and he had kyogre,groudon,rayquaza at level 100. yes this is a real thing I heard once
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#2NewbieN00bPosted 5/20/2013 6:06:49 PM
There being some Cofagrigus in BW that had a dead dude in it. lol
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#3NinjaKitsunePosted 5/20/2013 6:14:48 PM
In red/blue/yellow if you used strength on the right boulder in brock's gym, you'd find some stairs to Viridian Jungle where you could catch pikablu and togepi, among other pokemon.

Then there was one about going back to misty's gym at exactly 100 hours. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details since it was so long ago and slightly convoluted, but among the highlights were getting a rod that was better than the super rod, having to catch something for her, and it ending with being loaned an item that would let you jump those picket fences and ledges, but you had to return it before four hours were up or Misty would rewind your save to the first time you walked into her gym.
---
Nasa was elated that the Phoenix lander has detected ice on Mars. The elation turns to concern when, several hours later, the lander detects a Zamboni machine.
#4snuffles504Posted 5/20/2013 6:20:19 PM
Talk to Professor Oak 100 times, then go talk to the receptionist at the Celadon Department Store, who will give you a Flarith. What's a Flarith? The evolved form of Moltres, obviously.

There was also one concerning the Safari Zone, Team Rocket, a mysterious dragon, and the move Dragon Breath (which didn't actually exist at the time). There was supposedly a hidden area behind the Surf shack in Safari Zone and you could catch the ultimate dragon there. This dragon wasn't Dragonite and knew Dragon Breath, which was a sure-fire OHKO move. How you were supposed to get there escapes me.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#5BrightStar7Posted 5/20/2013 6:20:45 PM
Excluding the highly ridiculous RBY ones that we all fell for as noobs, there were some more believable ones. Like that White Rock in RSE near the Space Center which was said to unlock a Jirachi Event. I believed it cause of the colour, location and IIRC it had something to do with wish tags also.
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#6RMR_SS_BBSPosted 5/20/2013 6:26:55 PM
snuffles504 posted...

There was also one concerning the Safari Zone, Team Rocket, a mysterious dragon, and the move Dragon Breath (which didn't actually exist at the time). There was supposedly a hidden area behind the Surf shack in Safari Zone and you could catch the ultimate dragon there. This dragon wasn't Dragonite and knew Dragon Breath, which was a sure-fire OHKO move. How you were supposed to get there escapes me.

Ah, I remember this one. I was just about to post it. There was some convoluted combination of field moves you were supposed to use while facing the back wall of the Secret House in the Safari Zone. It would open up the entrance to a hidden cave where you could catch the Unknown Dragon.

At the time, it didn't seem any less plausible than the things people actually WERE discovering in RBY - Missingno, Mew glitch, truck, etc.
#7PonderstickPosted 5/20/2013 6:27:55 PM
I remember two rumors from elementary school:

A Mew would appear behind Red at exactly 00:00.

If you caught all 24 kinds of Unown, you could catch Celebi.

Fell for both of them! Good times, good times....
---
Hot Dogs Cooking; On the Grill yeah!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WOgmMnb7Qc
#8zinformantPosted 5/20/2013 6:41:30 PM
To those of us who aren't in the lucky minority, Mirage Island is but a rumor.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#9NeonDragon9000Posted 5/20/2013 6:41:55 PM
Sylveon will be a Fairy-type... *runs and hides*
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#10NekoHime64Posted 5/20/2013 6:44:09 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Sylveon will be a Fairy-type... *runs and hides*

*aims carefully and fires*
You can't escape from Lorraine's wrath.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.