This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lets predict the Z legend with 100% accuracy

#1BrightStar7Posted 5/20/2013 6:12:29 PM
OK so maybe not. Perhaps 95%. But seriously, I'll be surprised if something here doesn't come true.

1) The Z legend will be a giant snake. Based on the whole Norse mythology thing. The three main legends in that are a stag, eagle and serpent. And obviously a snake is the best and easiest candidate for a Z-shape designed beast.

2) White will be its main colour. Kalos is based on France and the three colours of the French flag are red, blue and white. And look here - these 3 are shown clearly in the Kalos Pokédex: http://www.serebii.net/xy/kalosdex.shtml. Those pentagons will fill out in each colour when you catch all Pokémon from each section. So the 3 main legends will match the French colours.

3) Pink will be its secondary colour. This is more of a reach here but the 3 main colour combos for the 3DS XL are Blue/Black, Red/Black and Pink/White. Despite some other embellishment, Xerneas and Yveltal match the first two and that can't be ignored. These are also the only versions that have been released everywhere I think. Which would tie into the whole worldwide simultaneous release thing.

4) Its typing will either be Poison/Fairy or Dragon/Fairy (if that type is indeed real). Serpent=Poison plus we haven't had a real Poison legend yet. Arceus is a pretender with much better things to do. And GF is totally obsessed with Dragons so you can never rule that out. If the Fairy type does exist I have a very hard time imagining none of the main legends being that type. Marketing and all. Points 3 and 4 support each other since a main coloration of the Fairy type would appear to be pink.
---
BANZAI Xerneas-sama!!! >_<
#2NekoHime64Posted 5/20/2013 6:13:54 PM
Wolf.

Fenrir yo.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#3ImOver9000Posted 5/20/2013 6:14:37 PM
It's pretty obvious that this will be the mascot for Pokemon Z:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110828134361/dragonball/es/images/d/d3/Shenlong_trans.png
---
"Yo Dr Insano, I'm really happy for u and I'm a let you finish, but womens rights was one of the best trolls ever." - Valkskorn
#4reaverzPosted 5/20/2013 6:19:16 PM
I find a lot of your reasoning to be interesting, even if it doesn't come to pass. But one thing:

BrightStar7 posted...
4) Its typing will either be Poison/Fairy or Dragon/Fairy (if that type is indeed real). Serpent=Poison plus we haven't had a real Poison legend yet. Arceus is a pretender with much better things to do. And GF is totally obsessed with Dragons so you can never rule that out. If the Fairy type does exist I have a very hard time imagining none of the main legends being that type. Marketing and all. Points 3 and 4 support each other since a main coloration of the Fairy type would appear to be pink.

If a Fairy type exists, then it's likely that Xerneas will be a Fairy-type Pokemon, since Hiro said that it would be (with Yveltal being Dark/Flying). There's your Fairy main legend, so if Xerneas is in fact a Fairy-type Pokemon, then I don't think a hypothetical Z legend would also have the type (unless it also has a Dark or Flying typing taken from Yveltal).
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#5BrightStar7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 6:33:40 PM(edited)
Yeah I feel like Xerneas is one too but the Grass thing is throwing me off. It looks so much like a Steel type too but obviously has a strong connection to the forest and nature. Plus its a stag. Hard to get past a Grass typing even though I favour Steel/Fairy.

The longer they hold onto these "secret" typings for Xerneas/Yveltal the higher chance is that they're BOTH new types. They might pull a fast one and make Yveltal Fairy also. I was thinking that for a while but it seemed a bit outlandish. Still I'm not sure the Dark/Flying thing is so clear cut. Cause why they would be hiding it like this. Sylveon is one thing but these two were revealed even before that! I don't recall Reshiram/Zekrom typings taking so long to unveil. We speculated for a couple months I think and then they were out.
---
#6reaverzPosted 5/20/2013 6:33:42 PM
BrightStar7 posted...
Yeah I feel like Xerneas is one too but the Grass thing is throwing me off. It looks so much like a Steel type too but obviously has a strong connection to the forest etc. Plus its a stag. Hard to get past a Grass typing even though I favour Steel/Fairy.

The grass scenery in its box art probably has more to do with its apparent habitat than its typing. I don't see how being a stag makes it a Grass-type, since the only reason Sawsbuck and Gogoat are part-Grass is that they have wooden horns and grass on their bodies. Like Stantler, Xerneas doesn't have anything on its body that implies a Grass typing. The forest association would fall in line with a Fairy typing because of the fact that fairies are typically said to live in woodlands.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#7Meta289Posted 5/20/2013 6:35:07 PM
Alternately, we're all wrong, and there will be no Z legendary.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#8BrightStar7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 6:41:33 PM(edited)
Not only will there be a Z legend but I strongly suspect there will be a W legend too. Probably Event only. The two major themes of this gen are genetics and axes. XY and ZW represent both.

....Which reminds me. The 5th point should been that the Z chromosome is found in reptiles. Hence a snake.
---
#9ButKevinBaconPosted 5/20/2013 6:53:57 PM
A Z-shaped snake that looks like an intestine:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/b013d9ade7658083b8c472e2a9c94827/tumblr_mgdb3g7oE51qflbuvo1_400.jpg

Poison/something.
#10zinformantPosted 5/20/2013 6:54:54 PM
Whatever it looks like, if it were up to me, I would name it Zedd.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/