This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Gen. III Pokemon can be transferred into these games...

#1NeonDragon9000Posted 5/20/2013 9:57:15 PM
...A Gen. III remake would be very interesting.

You could transfer your Pokemon from RSE into the 3DS remakes, preserving not only over a decade of compatibility, but also creating a bizarre time loop.

Unless it's already been confirmed these games won't be compatible with any of the older ones, which does seem very likely.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#2DweezleMoonunitPosted 5/20/2013 10:03:08 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Unless it's already been confirmed these games won't be compatible with any of the older ones, which does seem very likely.

How so?
---
PARAPPA THE ZAPPA
#3BikdipOnABusPosted 5/20/2013 10:29:49 PM
There's already the problem of importing Pokemon from FR/LG into HG/SS, since you can have the capture location as "Kanto" even though Kanto is accessible in the game and has many distinct locations. It's kinda dumb.

Gen 5 already has the "imported from [blank] after a long travel through time" message for Pokemon originating from Gen 3, so I don't think this would really be any weirder.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#4crunchy612Posted 5/20/2013 10:39:32 PM
My original Swampert back to Ruby remake? Sure, why not? I'm sure he missed it!
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
YancyYancyYancyYancyYancy! <3 http://i.imgur.com/5o2PG35.png
#5NeonDragon9000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 10:50:31 PM
DweezleMoonunit posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...

How so?

I'm thinking technical limitations between the DS and 3DS, similar to how it was impossible to transfer Gen. II Pokemon into the Gen. III games.

It might very well be possible to do a transfer, it might not be. I'm hoping it's possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#6crunchy612Posted 5/20/2013 10:55:51 PM
^Dream Radar proved otherwise.

Also, 3DS apps. Or the DS slot
---
#7jayman7Posted 5/20/2013 10:57:38 PM
crunchy612 posted...
^Dream Radar proved otherwise.

Also, 3DS apps. Or the DS slot

3DS doesn't have a separate DS slot (though I suppose it could be usable if the game was bought as a digital download). But an app is certainly the way to go.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8Firemaster5Posted 5/20/2013 11:02:55 PM(edited)
At least Gen 3 games were able to be accessed for transfer in Gen 4 games but only if you had an original NDS or NDS lite, which have the GBA slot. There is also the Pokétransfer lab on Route 15 in Gen 5 games so we can access Gen 4 games.
If they make it possible for us to connect w/ our Gen 5 games in these games or generation in general, it could be possible under the conditions (download play available since NDS for Pokétransfer and works between NDS and N 3DS w/ NDS games so, N 3DS should be able to utilize the same feature requiring at least one N 3DS and a NDS or what crunchy612 suggested w/o the slot since there isn't another slot in N 3DSes).
Any main Pokémon game before Gen 3 would be impossible unless there was some Stadium or Box feature I'm unaware of that works for those also.
---
AND NOW IT IS YOUR CONFUSION THAT SHALL BE THE ARK THAT SUSTAINS MEH!!!!!!! Random_Ghost to Tgirl
#9crunchy612Posted 5/20/2013 11:08:09 PM
Derp, sorry for the slot thing xD
---
#10Hydra_Gundam_Posted 5/20/2013 11:09:16 PM
That would be weird. Requiring a game thats ten years old to complete your Pokedex.

But Black 2 has a ton of obtainable Pokemon from all regions. So shouldnt be too much of a stretch.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space