This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Gen. III Pokemon can be transferred into these games...

#11snuffles504Posted 5/21/2013 12:10:41 AM
BikdipOnABus posted...
There's already the problem of importing Pokemon from FR/LG into HG/SS, since you can have the capture location as "Kanto" even though Kanto is accessible in the game and has many distinct locations. It's kinda dumb.

Gen 5 already has the "imported from [blank] after a long travel through time" message for Pokemon originating from Gen 3, so I don't think this would really be any weirder.

It would be weirder, unless Gen 6 takes place during Gen 1/3 instead of after 5. But in that case any Gen 4/5 Pokemon you're transferring over would be traveling backwards in time.

Timeline:
FRLG/RSE > 3 years > DPPt/HGSS > some time > BW > 2 years > BW2 > (presumably) Gen VI

So if a RSE remake happened in Gen it would create timeline issues. However, a brand new game placed in Hoenn would be another matter entirely.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#12luigispezzottiPosted 5/21/2013 4:06:14 AM
BikdipOnABus posted...
There's already the problem of importing Pokemon from FR/LG into HG/SS, since you can have the capture location as "Kanto" even though Kanto is accessible in the game and has many distinct locations. It's kinda dumb.

Gen 5 already has the "imported from [blank] after a long travel through time" message for Pokemon originating from Gen 3, so I don't think this would really be any weirder.

Actually the problem TC was talking about is that you would be able to have a Blaziken that was a starter obtained in Littleroot Town in Gen 3 and the same one obtained in Littleroot Town in Gen 6. The reason this is a problem is that if they are straight remakes, then you would be playing as the same player character again (this guy http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Brendan_(game) or his female counterpart), thus it wouldn't make any sense to have a Blaziken from Gen 3 and Gen 6 caught by canonically the same character.

This problem could be fixed if instead of straight remakes, they made Sequels to Ruby and Sapphire! (Ruby Version 2 & Sapphire Version 2)
#13NewbieN00bPosted 5/21/2013 4:11:29 AM(edited)
NeonDragon9000 posted...
DweezleMoonunit posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Unless it's already been confirmed these games won't be compatible with any of the older ones, which does seem very likely.

How so?

I'm thinking technical limitations between the DS and 3DS, similar to how it was impossible to transfer Gen. II Pokemon into the Gen. III games.

It might very well be possible to do a transfer, it might not be. I'm hoping it's possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

The main reasons you couldn't transfer from 2 to 3 were:
1:Link cable being different between GB and GBA (this is not an issue with wireless connectivity or a downloadable app as options.)

2: They completely rewrote how a pokemons stats worked. Which, that I know of, aren't doing with this game. And 3 added abilities, natures, etc. Transfering from older games would either vastly change the pokemon internally, or not work reasonably. Which is a bigger jump than 1 to 2.

So I am pretty sure you'll be able to transfer your pokemon.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#14stranksyPosted 5/21/2013 4:30:14 AM
It's pretty simple to figure out a way to transfer. The easiest thing I can think of would be if inserting Pokemon X/Y into the 3DS would install an app on the 3DS. If you insert any gen 4 or gen 5 card into the 3DS, you could then transfer all of your pokemon into this app. You would be unable to delete or otherwise remove this app from the 3DS until it is bereft of Pokemon. When you reinsert Pokemon X/Y, all of these transferred Pokemon will be up for capture in some manner of Pal Park; obviously this area would be inaccessible until you finish the Elite 4. If you have the digital copy of X/Y, this process is made even easier due to no need for the app.
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.
#15ThatKippPosted 5/21/2013 4:31:33 AM
BikdipOnABus posted...

It would be weirder, unless Gen 6 takes place during Gen 1/3 instead of after 5. But in that case any Gen 4/5 Pokemon you're transferring over would be traveling backwards in time.

Timeline:
FRLG/RSE > 3 years > DPPt/HGSS > some time > BW > 2 years > BW2 > (presumably) Gen VI

So if a RSE remake happened in Gen it would create timeline issues. However, a brand new game placed in Hoenn would be another matter entirely.

The Time Machine from GSC is incorporated into all trading starting with RSE. Proof: Trading between BW and B2W2. Screw the timeline
---
Medicham/Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#16snuffles504Posted 5/21/2013 3:42:05 PM
ThatKipp posted...
The Time Machine from GSC is incorporated into all trading starting with RSE. Proof: Trading between BW and B2W2. Screw the timeline

RSE takes place at the same time as FRLG. They're not separated by time, just space. That's made pretty clear in the Sevii Island trading machine section.

DPPt and HGSS are assumed to take place at the same time, due to the Red Gyarados TV show in DP, the Winged Mirages having left their Kanto nests, and some other evidences.

BW and BW2 are the only trades that do actually have a time gap, but since they're in the same generation there wasn't the same kind of complications as trading between Gens 1 and 2 (trading new content into an old game), so the Time Capsule (or something similar) wasn't technically necessary.
---
....because shutup.
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#17NeonDragon9000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 5:08:33 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
DweezleMoonunit posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Unless it's already been confirmed these games won't be compatible with any of the older ones, which does seem very likely.

How so?

I'm thinking technical limitations between the DS and 3DS, similar to how it was impossible to transfer Gen. II Pokemon into the Gen. III games.

It might very well be possible to do a transfer, it might not be. I'm hoping it's possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

The main reasons you couldn't transfer from 2 to 3 were:
1:Link cable being different between GB and GBA (this is not an issue with wireless connectivity or a downloadable app as options.)

2: They completely rewrote how a pokemons stats worked. Which, that I know of, aren't doing with this game. And 3 added abilities, natures, etc. Transfering from older games would either vastly change the pokemon internally, or not work reasonably. Which is a bigger jump than 1 to 2.

So I am pretty sure you'll be able to transfer your pokemon.

These are all good points. I hope transfer is possible.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#18Firemaster5Posted 5/21/2013 11:08:19 PM
From: luigispezzotti | Posted: 5/21/2013 7:06:14 AM | #012
BikdipOnABus posted...

Actually the problem TC was talking about is that you would be able to have a Blaziken that was a starter obtained in Littleroot Town in Gen 3 and the same one obtained in Littleroot Town in Gen 6. The reason this is a problem is that if they are straight remakes, then you would be playing as the same player character again (this guy http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Brendan_(game) or his female counterpart), thus it wouldn't make any sense to have a Blaziken from Gen 3 and Gen 6 caught by canonically the same character.

This problem could be fixed if instead of straight remakes, they made Sequels to Ruby and Sapphire! (Ruby Version 2 & Sapphire Version 2)

Same MC catching it isn't a problem and outside of the plotline as we could trade between Ruby and Sapphire (for example). I think it'd be a feature available only after getting past the Pokémon League like they've been doing for a while now.

The problem would've been trading between X/Y and the possible Hoenn remakes but, they've made trading through time (w/ stipulations on what couldn't be traded) in the Gen 5 games, w/ Hoenn getting a current generation upgrade similar to FR/LG and HG/SS maybe limiting when certain Pokémon can be access or when the National Dex is available. Another issue would be transferring Pokémon into the Hoenn remakes as they'd be transferred from games that take place later in the storyline.
Sequels could work out then, indeed.
---
If only you were the Mysterious Figure, so you could time-travel back to when this joke was still relevant."~KMAnsem