This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's even the point of pre-evolutions?

#1EnvoyJRHPosted 5/21/2013 2:32:06 AM
I honestly can't think of one. They serve no purpose beyond to look cute. They're deemed inefficient on birth playability wise.
---
envoyofuno
#2pikpikcarrotmonPosted 5/21/2013 2:35:22 AM
Their sole purpose is to grant new moves to existing Pokemon.
---
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide.
#3FuneralCakePosted 5/21/2013 2:35:48 AM
Some of them have exclusive moves that are good on the fully-evolved Pokemon.

But really, why does it matter? If you're going to say that they're useless, let's just make every Pokemon a one-stage thing.
---
me kara BIIMU / mimi kara MISAIRU / kimi ni TEREPASHII / tsutaete HAATO
http://i.imgur.com/04EBjgs.gif
#4VegantoKeensPosted 5/21/2013 2:35:59 AM
Horribly wasteful additions. I really hope they stuff that even number tradition where the sun don't shine.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#5Arne83Posted 5/21/2013 2:38:17 AM
It adds more to the world. Makes things a bit more interesting. Not everything has to be super useful from the word "go"...
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#6Serebii from SPPPosted 5/21/2013 2:55:01 AM
For me, I like them. They really add to the experience.

I personally hate raising Pokémon that don't evolve. It's like there's no goal, no target to achieve. By adding and starting with a pre-evolution, it gives me that target
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#7Koopa_BlooperPosted 5/21/2013 2:59:19 AM
the point is to sell more plushie dolls
#8KitschgardenerPosted 5/21/2013 3:24:39 AM
the point is to sell more plushie dolls

Basically this. If they wanted to introduce evolutionary lines earlier in a game, they'd just give the original Pokémon next-to-useless moves until a certain level anyway. And there are plenty of "goals" to attain with any Pokémon, including non-evolving ones, such as learning a certain move or set of moves and getting it fully EV-trained.
#9eimajamiePosted 5/21/2013 3:28:02 AM
To use them earlier in the game maybe; Riolu, Budew?
---
Official Miror Scientist with his Shadow Seviper!
#10SlimeStackPosted 5/21/2013 3:31:30 AM
Take a Pokémon like Budew or Elekid. Roselia and Electabuzz can't be caught until a while into the game, but a Budew or Elekid can be caught very early on. It balances some Pokémon to let you use them earlier than originally.

Pichu, Cleffa and Igglybuff existed purely for cuteness and to promote the breeding feature. Tyrogue existed to bridge the Hitmons together.

But for things like Munchlax or Azuril? No idea other than cuteness.
---
Moo